PDA

View Full Version : It's Christmas

Boaz
12-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Got the pan of sweet potatoes cooked , will wait to put marshmallows on top and brown them before I go to My son's house around noon . The pumpkin pie is cooked and ready . The turkey is in the oven . Trying to time it to where it's all warm and ready when I leave for his place .

It's been a busy week of Christmas for me...in a really great way ! I have talked to and seen many people this week . Many from right here on the forum . It has been a busy week , but it don't take much to keep me busy as slow as I am now..LOL . I have been blessed beyond my expectations in this season of our Lord's birth .

I steadily think of my blessings given by him . Thank you all for your encouragement and support here in the Chapel . You are each a blessing .

I hope and wish you a great time of reunion , new memories and opportunity to glorify our Lord Jesus Christ of whose birth we celebrate . Of whose life and death on the cross offers us eternal salvation .

Thank you
Charlie

daloper
12-25-2019, 11:18 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS. May your day be filled with the love of God because of the gift he has given. His Son , Jesus Christ.

Preacher Jim
12-25-2019, 02:16 PM
Merry Christmas Charlie and praying for you to have a blessed New Year.

buckwheatpaul
12-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Charlie...really enjoyed our visit this morning...Hope your Christmas was a great one and the turkey was moist!

WRideout
12-26-2019, 11:31 AM
We took lasagna to my MIL at the assisted living place. We had a great time. Blessings on you this Christmas season, Charlie.

Wayne

Wayne Smith
12-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Had chaos at our house yesterday - seven grandchildren from 7yr. old down to 10mo. Both boys and their wives and six adults failed to corral all the kids! No crises, just fun. Tuesday I smoked a turkey that I had brined in apple cider, oranges, spices, and salt for two days. Daughter in law stated it was the best turkey she ever had! LOML made cookies and a cranberry sauce, had veggie tray from the other daughter in law.
New breadmaker (LOML's Christmas present) made a gluten free bread. Everyone full and no one stuffed.

One son and daughter in law and two grandchildren still with us until this afternoon. A wonderful Christmas.

Boaz
12-26-2019, 12:56 PM
If your reading this then you have survived Christmas !

This Christmas season was a blessing to me in so many ways . My Lord Favored me this year in an outpouring and it has been an amazing thing . I have talked to many . My cranky weird neighbor to the south of me even left a Christmas card taped to my front door that said ;

Merry Christmas .
You are a good neighbor .
Frank

Now you don't know Frank but I do . It's a giant leap for Frank . I have heaped coals on his head and it might be paying off .

I'd say my Christmas was a total success ! I would ask you to pray for three of my friends ;

Beverly ;
Beverly has cervical cancer plus other medical problems . She can't walk anymore and in a wheelchair . She is on Hospice care and outlived the doctor's prediction of life expectancy by three years .

Ted ;

Ted has lymphoma , He is an old driller I worked for back in the 70's for Bearden Drilling co . Me and Ted do a lot of talking about the 'old' days working on drilling rigs during the boom back then .

Bernice ;

Bernice is probably about seventy five years old . I have known her for over three years , she has Alzheimer's . She is in the final stage , She is hardly eating and is kept in a jerry chair at the nurse's station . She can no longer put words together to speak but she still smiles when you sit and talk to her .

All three of these people have professed faith in our Lord . I don't know what church they ever went to...don't care . They all live in the same facility , I talked to them all yesterday evening . Pray for them if you can , be a part of their lives through our Lord . thank you .

WRideout
12-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Prayers for all of them.

Wayne

Pine Baron
12-26-2019, 03:14 PM
Prayers for Beverly, Ted and Bernice.