PDA

View Full Version : 1895 Chilean mauser

historicfirearms
12-21-2019, 10:36 PM
Today was mauser day at my house. I got them out and did the yearly tear down and clean up. This old Chilean mauser has been languishing in my closet since I brought it home last summer. It got a thorough cleaning including the bore. Mine is a DWM made rifle and for being well over 100 years old, its in great condition. The bore looks very good. Two things struck me. The quality and attention to detail looks to be better than any other mauser Ive owned. They really got things right. The other thing that I realized is that Im only just a caretaker for these old guns. They are going to far outlive me and will easily be around another 100 years from now. Not bad for a military tool. Paul Mauser should be proud.
Now I just have to find a replacement stock to reconcile the hack job on mine. Gotta put her back to original.

Texas by God
12-21-2019, 11:48 PM
Pics, always pics. Now that it's clean it's time to shoot it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Uncle Grinch
12-22-2019, 10:28 AM
I like your thought process. Been into Mausers since the early 70’s and some have always called my name... Swedish and Argentines primarily. On the flip side, I’ve been drawn to the early small ring Spanish, Chilean, and Turks, especially the 03/38 high hump versions.

I like to keep them original and I shoot them often. You can almost feel the history in them.

Petrol & Powder
12-22-2019, 10:31 AM
The engineering and workmanship that went into Mauser bolt actions is amazing.

skeettx
12-22-2019, 04:16 PM
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=50

historicfirearms
12-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Thanks skeet, just ordered one.