PDA

View Full Version : question for patterson shooters

lucky1s
11-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Folks, I am new to cast boolits website & just getting started in black powder shooting so....I dunno much

I really like the look of the capper for colt patterson revolvers. Can anybody tell me if the capper will work on a black powder rifle? or my Ruger Old Army?

Lucky1s

ARKANSAS PACKRAT
11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Lucky, if you are referring to the snail shaped capper, it will work on all traditional rifles, pistols and shotguns. I do not know about them modern contraptions though!:roll:

Nick

lucky1s
11-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the advice ArkansasPackrat. Nope, I am familiar with the snail capper, it didnt fit my ROA, so I gave it away to my nephew for his Colt Army repo. I am talking about the round one which says for Paterson Revolver only. I am hoping that somebody here has a paterson and the specific capper for it and can tell me if it works on thier other guns.

I have seen some HIGH dollar original Patterson cappers which were specifically for long arms (in websites) but cant seem to figure out whats different about them...

I know I am being picky but I have never liked the look of those straight cappers. The TDC's are well built but I am wanting something with a lil more character.

A round musket capper is nice too, but alas I shoot 10's & 11's...

Lucky