PDA

View Full Version : The hazards of Dyslexia...

unique
12-20-2019, 12:20 PM
I am a little dyslexic which means I get things mixed up such as letter & number sequences but also right & left and today I had a little problem with up & down.

I went to pull bullets on 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser loads because I had a primer pierce on a load I used for a couple years. I was using RVO 30-06 ball powder and that does not mix so well with the long lead of the Swedish Mauser. The Swede handled the blow back way better than I expected and went out gas vent holes but nothing from the rear of the bolt. My confidence in the Swede with regards to gas handling went way up. Now maybe ruptured case would be problematic.

Anyway, I used the RCBS press mounted bullet puller because the bullet would not budge using kinetic puller and apparently I should have pulled down instead of pushing up...or maybe the other way around but anyway I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the results...

StuBach
12-20-2019, 12:31 PM
I’m guessing you had to put some elbow grease in to do that one. That is impressive

wnc435
12-20-2019, 12:46 PM
I am impressed I have had this happen loading shells in the progressive while trying to seat bullet. But was never so even like yours.

Mytmousemalibu
12-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Wow! When I've screwed up on the press, the brass is positively mangled! Never has it looked so clean and uniform!

Take that to show to some cartridge collectors! Dump it out and dirty it up. Say its some wildcat experimental gas seal cartridge for a Swedish mauser with a collet in the chamber!

Tom W.
12-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Nice wadcutter!

Winger Ed.
12-20-2019, 04:01 PM
I'd hate to see a good case go to waste...

Do ya think it'll fire form back to normal?:kidding:

unique
12-20-2019, 05:40 PM

Now that's funny...an added benefit is I would be able to retest the gas handling of the Swede!

onelight
12-20-2019, 05:45 PM
put a bullet in it we have a new wild cat the.....UNIQUE 6.5 :drinks:

Half Dog
12-20-2019, 06:25 PM
It will fire form. Lol

1Hawkeye
12-20-2019, 07:21 PM
1 wow that's good soft brass
2 to quote Homer Simpson "DOH"

Joe K
12-20-2019, 09:01 PM
This brought tears of laughter. I keep scrolling back up and reading the OP. Thank you.

GregLaROCHE
12-23-2019, 06:27 PM
I once tried to pull a 6.5 Swedish with an RCBS boolit puller and couldn’t do it. I finally got it apart with the kinetic puller.

kevin c
12-24-2019, 04:47 AM
Good leverage in the linkage.

Strong press frame and mount.

Stronger arm...

jessdigs
12-24-2019, 04:54 AM
Took me a sec to figure out what i was looking at, then i started laughing pretty good. My wife was looking at me funny.
Good work there. Keep 'Em coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cast_outlaw
12-25-2019, 02:16 PM
Yeah dyslexia has its problems I’m mildly dyslexic and I transpose numbers and letters easily as I’m painfully aware of this I read load data repeatedly and double, triple, quadruple, check all my numbers on scales etc then check again, during my loading sessions to

JM7.7x58
12-25-2019, 08:13 PM

Or,

Cut it off, ream it, and make a 45acp.

Waste not want not!

JM

44magLeo
12-26-2019, 10:58 AM
I have a touch of dyslexia my self. My check book proves that. More corrections from swapping numbers left to right than correct entries.
It took my a few times of looking at your pics to see the issue. Once I realized the first pic was a case then it all came clear.
If that case still chambered I might try getting it to form. Use a charge of 10-15 grs of fast pistol powder, fill up to just up into the neck with cornmeal, plug with a wad of TP. Then touch it off.
Or not and set it on a shelf along with the other mistakes I've made. If your like a lot of us that shelf has plenty on it already.
Leo

unique
12-26-2019, 05:35 PM
I have a touch of dyslexia my self. My check book proves that. More corrections from swapping numbers left to right than correct entries.
It took my a few times of looking at your pics to see the issue. Once I realized the first pic was a case then it all came clear.
If that case still chambered I might try getting it to form. Use a charge of 10-15 grs of fast pistol powder, fill up to just up into the neck with cornmeal, plug with a wad of TP. Then touch it off.
Or not and set it on a shelf along with the other mistakes I've made. If your like a lot of us that shelf has plenty on it already.
Leo

Oh I do indeed have a shelf of 'misfits' that I have collected over the years and this is already proudly displayed there although I am still intrigued by the Unique 6.5 wildcat suggestion.