PDA

View Full Version : 'Reading the bible' , it's a big day for us !

Boaz
12-20-2019, 07:39 AM
Congratulations ! To those keeping up with the...Reading the bible...thread above . You have finished reading the book of Malachi . It has been a long road but you have finished reading the old testament .

You will find your reading helpful in the very first chapter of Matthew . He gives the genealogy of Jesus , you have the advantage of having read of all of them . The opening of Matthew is a prelude of things to come .

I have a tendency to put up more than I should here . But I'll say a little bit that can't be contested or misleading . Matthew was a tax collector , he is considered to be more 'formally' educated . His account is generally considered to be well written and concise in detail . Matthew was a well off man and gave up a good life to become a fisher of men . If you look at the men Jesus chose to follow him you see a diverse group of personality .

It's time to use what we have learned in our reading to reference many things in the new testament . I encourage you to take the time to do it , you will be blessed with a fuller understanding of GOD's word . Jesus and his disciples will make many references to the old testaments themselves . The adversaries of Jesus will attempt to use the old testament against him and fail .

Well...I'll shut up . But I'm glad and excited for today . Seek understanding , talk to others you respect . Read outside material on your own . Seek the Holy Spirit to guide you in your understanding of GOD's plan for you .

Pine Baron
12-20-2019, 09:40 AM
There's so much in Matthew and the timing of reading this now, during the Christmas season, I'm overwhelmed with God's glorious plan.
Thanks Boaz, truly guided by the Holy Spirit. Merry Christmas.