PDA

View Full Version : Saeco lube sizer

canuck4570
12-19-2019, 02:41 PM
I bought a Saeco lube sizer and

can not size my 545gr cast bullet super hard to drive down and take a few drive down to lube all the grease groove

if I put gas check well I would have to jump on it and had to take the die out to push out the bullet out with a dowel and hammer

tried the same thing on my RCBS lube sizer and its easy

what wrong

yes I got soft lube and it does not leak

tried some of my 30 caliber cast bullet. better but I won't do 100s of bullet with it without getting tried

both bullet comes out of the mold about .0002 over size

before I sell it want to give it a last chance

Rich/WIS
12-20-2019, 02:15 AM
Had a SAECO (used and dirt cheap) and did not have that issue but was sizing soft 45 SWC. One difference is the way you are applying force, pushing down on the SAECO handle versus pulling down on a Lyman or RCBS. Different muscles and stresses on your wrist and arm. Have arthritis and those differences were noticeable and painful even with soft bullets. Gave the SAECO away to another caster. If your sizing die is new put a few drops of oil on it and run it up and down with something smaller than your bullet to lube it. If there is a lot of resistance when you do this take the die apart and look for burrs/scoring on the inside of the die and the rod. I had this issue with a Lyman sizer and after a slight polish of the rod and a little use the problem went away.

canuck4570
12-20-2019, 08:30 AM
will do but have doubt

even I was standing up facing the handle and putting my weigh on the handle
and no go but will check the seizing die
tried it with the 30 caliber and easier but almost the same

no gas check very hard and with gas check impossible....
I called Redding and they could not figure out what was happening

the only thing they told me was that the machine was made for pistol bullet mostly

quasi
12-23-2019, 03:45 AM
are you using a heater on your lubesizer?

canuck4570
12-23-2019, 07:22 AM
are you using a heater on your lubesizer?

using soft lube
yes I tried using a heater with this lube but it become to liquide

smithnframe
12-23-2019, 07:29 AM
Have you applied spring pressure to the lube?

canuck4570
12-23-2019, 07:32 AM
yes
the sizer die has only one row of lube holes
compare to the 2 row of my RCBS and Lyman lube seizer
I think this is the reason I have to push down and up 2 to 3 time to get the lube uniform