PDA

View Full Version : midway did it again

bob208
12-19-2019, 01:56 PM
placed a order with midway Saturday. went out to day there it was on the porch to day.

lightman
12-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Midway has gotten a lot of bad press in recent years. But I still use and like them. They have donated a lot of money to the NRA over the years.

Winger Ed.
12-19-2019, 02:09 PM
They've always been good to me.

Lots of stuff here lately that I shopped around for prices- they beat the competition by a very noticeable amount.

Elroy
12-19-2019, 02:56 PM
Nitro Express !!!
I use Midway for the great percent of my RL supplies.They run the free shipping with $50 minimum often enough that I never have to pay shipping,and they have the best value of high quality blem bullets at great value..

StuBach
12-19-2019, 03:15 PM
Yeah, a buddy was downing on them recently for not shipping ammo to Ca (he has FFL3) but I’ve always been fond of them and never any complaints shipping to MI

trapper9260
12-19-2019, 05:07 PM
I put in my order on Friday and it said on the email that I should get it the 21 and got it today in the mail. They always been early for me to get what I order.Then the day it said I was to get it .

Shawlerbrook
12-19-2019, 05:16 PM
They are a good supplier.

abunaitoo
12-19-2019, 06:00 PM
midway used to be good to us here.
For years I used to buy from them.
Last order I got, they charged me an extra $10.00 for handling.
Called and asked what was going on.
They said it cost more to ship to hawaii and Alaska.
Years later I noticed they started to ship USPS flat rate.
Called and asked about it.
They said they charge $10.00 extra to hawaii and Alaska for special handling.
It's been over 15 years since I spent any money with them.

Elroy
12-19-2019, 06:04 PM
They ship most of what I order by "Smart Post " which is UPS delivery to the local P.O.for final delivery.

MrWolf
12-20-2019, 10:50 AM
They ship most of what I order by "Smart Post " which is UPS delivery to the local P.O.for final delivery.

That for me is a negative when using them. My mailbox is 3/4 mile away which means when I order from them and it goes to the post office it's about a 5 mile round trip to town

Adam_Selene
12-20-2019, 04:01 PM
My only complaint is how high their shipping costs get. Don't have specific examples but just about any time I put something in the cart, it was ~$10 more than the competition due to shipping.

That said, no complaints about their ability to ship the right stuff at usually-good prices and good CS. They've seen my credit card a time or several and - barring substantial change - will see it again in the future.

Springfield
12-20-2019, 04:08 PM
Nobody can ship ammo to California, not Midway's fault.

fcvan
12-21-2019, 09:27 PM
I start d doing business with Midway in the late 1980s before they started marketing to hobbyist reloaders. A bunch of us rote letters to suggest they sell in smaller quantities (i.e., you could order 4500 round lots of boolits) and their flier was called the Com Load Report short for Commercial Reloader Report. Shipping was %4 of order. I remember reading the following month ‘we’ve been getting letters from out west . . . And they started targeting us hobbyists with more gear and smaller quantities.

I met Larry in St. Louis at the Annual Meetings, 2012. I introduced myself as ‘that guy from out west who wrote letters.’ He said ‘Frank, nice to meet you, your idea caused our business to explode!’ I hadn’t told him my name. I also met Barbara, his wife. Nicest people you’ll ever meet.

Sure shipping Chang’s from time to time, depending on who they are contracted with in a given time. I would have to say it is better now than when I first started doing business with Midway, I have spent a goodly sum over the years, and have rounded up since they started that program. Right now, I need dies for an 1892 7.65 Argentine Mauser, a gift from a friend, I already have a boolit mold.

Cole440
01-17-2020, 11:31 AM
I'm larry porterfield and that's the way it is.

kayala
01-17-2020, 12:22 PM
I do buy from them from time to time but their shipping to east coast sucks - usually no less then a week. Their "mail innovation" usually adds couple more days.

SSGOldfart
01-17-2020, 12:30 PM
No problems with Midway USA just too many emails but that is my fault.

quilbilly
01-17-2020, 03:06 PM
They are fast. That is why I waited to place an order earlier this week so by the time it gets here, the snow and ice will be gone from the road getting here.

Idaho45guy
01-17-2020, 10:46 PM
I've had good luck with them. And some bad luck. Ordered a new S&W pistol barrel from them and it arrived in the factory sealed plastic bag with a rusted throat. My last order arrived in good condition, but the shipper left it on my doorstep in the rain so my my loads, brass, and bullets needed drying off.

That order cost me around $12 in shipping, then the next day, they announced the return of the free shipping for orders over $49. I ended up buying new .257 Roberts RCBS dies off of Ebay for $25 delivered a couple of days later.

Shepherd2
01-18-2020, 09:22 AM
Midway uses the system where UPS hands off to USPS. This usually adds one day to the delivery time.
Their orders used to get to me in about 3 days. That was a couple years ago. Last month I ordered and qualified for their $49 free shipping. It took 9 days to get to me. I was in a hurry for my latest order so I decided not to pad my order for free shipping and pay the shipping hoping the order would get here faster. It did. It only took 8 days. Same deal UPS handed off to USPS.

It also irritates me that after I order I get an email that my order has shipped. I check the tracking the next day and sure enough all they have done is create a shipping label. Back when they were shipping my orders by USPS they were getting here in several days. Their present system sucks.

6bg6ga
01-18-2020, 10:21 AM
What it all boils down to ladies is we are all getting older and find ways of ******** about everything under the sun. We complain about Dillon's shipping rates but we don't complain when they ship us parts to repair our presses. We complain about getting something with rust on it and we should simply because our hard earned money should deliver us a product free from defects. I suggest that instead of bad mouthing a company we simply pick up the phone and call them with our complaint and we might just get a refreshing answer we didn't expect. What ever company out there we are going to find a reason to complain. That is who we are. We are the cheapest SOB's out there trying to get the most for our money with the cheapest or for that matter free shipping. When we get the shipping problem so we don't have something to bitch about then let us start on the pricing.

Elkins45
01-18-2020, 02:26 PM
I do buy from them from time to time but their shipping to east coast sucks - usually no less then a week. Their "mail innovation" usually adds couple more days.

Somebody here taught me a trick to avoid that. Just add a box of ammo to your order. The post office won’t handle ammo so they can’t use smartpost or any other service that hands off to the P.O. Even a $3 box of 22 ammo is all it takes. I do it with every order now so they always use UPS.

monadnock#5
01-18-2020, 08:34 PM
I'll give the Potterfields some credit. The ordering process is far easier today than it was in the 90's. The pricing is competitive. It's much easier navigating Midway over Brownell's. Makes the shipping time a little easier to bear.

kayala
01-18-2020, 08:38 PM
Somebody here taught me a trick to avoid that. Just add a box of ammo to your order. The post office won’t handle ammo so they can’t use smartpost or any other service that hands off to the P.O. Even a $3 box of 22 ammo is all it takes. I do it with every order now so they always use UPS.
Thanks, Elkins, sounds like a nice trick I'm going to try it next time :) "Innovation" is the only annoying part of Midway orders for me.

MrWolf
01-18-2020, 08:55 PM

Sometimes that lil box of ammo results in increased shipping charges.

ACC
01-18-2020, 09:36 PM
placed a order with midway Saturday. went out to day there it was on the porch to day.

They sure were good to me.

ACC

ACC
01-18-2020, 09:57 PM
What it all boils down to ladies is we are all getting older and find ways of ******** about everything under the sun. We complain about Dillon's shipping rates but we don't complain when they ship us parts to repair our presses. We complain about getting something with rust on it and we should simply because our hard earned money should deliver us a product free from defects. I suggest that instead of bad mouthing a company we simply pick up the phone and call them with our complaint and we might just get a refreshing answer we didn't expect. What ever company out there we are going to find a reason to complain. That is who we are. We are the cheapest SOB's out there trying to get the most for our money with the cheapest or for that matter free shipping. When we get the shipping problem so we don't have something to bitch about then let us start on the pricing.

Before my brother died, this past September he bought a brand new LEE 20 pound pot. Used it twice before he died. I got a hold of it and melted some metal in it. It had a catastrophic failure, where all the melted metal just ran out the bottom. There was nothing I could do. I got a couple of minor burns on me, and about ten holes in the blue jeans I was wearing.

I got on Lee's web site and put in a complaint. No answer no answer no answer. So my wife got a hold of a friend of hers and found out what their phone number was. I called and they where happy to talk to me until I told them about the bad engineering of this pot. They hung up on me three times. Finally I got hold of someone who told me to mail it back to them and they would fix it. I don't want it fixed. It is defective. I told them just send me another pot. They said that I would have to pay shipping both ways. The pot I was sending back, and the pot they would be sending me as soon as they got my pot looked at.

The 20 pound pot is a nightmare and anyone who has one that works right and doesn't fail is on lucky person. Lucky me I have a 10 pound pot from 1983 that works great.

ACC

Elroy
01-18-2020, 10:02 PM
Midway get's it on the road fast,and I always get my parcels fast even with them being sent Sure Post.

quilbilly
01-23-2020, 02:45 PM
They are fast. That is why I waited to place an order earlier this week so by the time it gets here, the snow and ice will be gone from the road getting here.
It arrived three days before they said it would and the snow wasn't melted. Amazing!!

Freightman
01-23-2020, 10:01 PM
ordered 2000rds of 22 ammo free shipping and shipped Tuesday, delivered today. Not bad on their part or UPS.

wildwilly501
01-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Ordered Monday got it yesterday (Thursday) free shipping and birthday prices some years birthday pricing doesn't mean much this year it was good.Only issue they just throw your stuff in a box with a couple of those air bags I had boxes of bullets, brick of .22s and some aerosol cans stuff was beat up and dented.

6bg6ga
01-24-2020, 09:32 AM
Before my brother died, this past September he bought a brand new LEE 20 pound pot. Used it twice before he died. I got a hold of it and melted some metal in it. It had a catastrophic failure, where all the melted metal just ran out the bottom. There was nothing I could do. I got a couple of minor burns on me, and about ten holes in the blue jeans I was wearing.

I got on Lee's web site and put in a complaint. No answer no answer no answer. So my wife got a hold of a friend of hers and found out what their phone number was. I called and they where happy to talk to me until I told them about the bad engineering of this pot. They hung up on me three times. Finally I got hold of someone who told me to mail it back to them and they would fix it. I don't want it fixed. It is defective. I told them just send me another pot. They said that I would have to pay shipping both ways. The pot I was sending back, and the pot they would be sending me as soon as they got my pot looked at.

The 20 pound pot is a nightmare and anyone who has one that works right and doesn't fail is on lucky person. Lucky me I have a 10 pound pot from 1983 that works great.

ACC

That is exactly why I won't purchase a Lee product. I learned early on when I bought a "Drip O matic" Never again no more Lee stuff. Anyway its sounding like your pot' lead valve failed to seal. Had mine dump the entire contents on the bench and on the floor simply because I was young at the time and didn't pay attention to seating the valve properly at the conclusion of the last casting session. Trying to fill the mold when the lead was starting to cool was the reason for my malfunction/ stupidity. Played with their 20 lb pot and their 10 lb pot and other than dripping they work ok I just decided to go from junk to a big boy pot on a bullet caster that doesn't drip.

swheeler
01-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Midway has become my favorite online vendor, used to be Graf and Sons. They have their website running smoothly, prices seem to have gotten better and have no problems with their shipping, 3-5 days and I have it at my door. They collect a lot of money for the NRA, that benefits all of us shooters.

So I just leave here and try to log on to Midway site- web site down:bigsmyl2:

skeettx
01-24-2020, 11:52 AM
I like MidwayUSA, and they ship quickly.

Dapaki
01-24-2020, 11:56 AM
I shop locally when I can, Midway or Natchez if I have to and Ammoseek.com for any preloaded ammo.

snowwolfe
01-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Natchez is funny. They are in TN but will not ship anything to anybody in Tennessee

swheeler
01-25-2020, 11:04 AM
Midway site still down today!

Dapaki
01-29-2020, 01:45 PM
Natchez was down for an hour Monday..... related?

swheeler
01-29-2020, 02:00 PM
They must of had to go offline to LOWER all the prices![smilie=w:

JSH
01-31-2020, 09:50 AM
I am like the rest here for the most part, I shop hard. The blasted tax has me ticked off. Ordering online saves me from driving to go pick up supplies is about it. It may save me from impulse buys though.

I just ordered some stuff from midway and hit the go button. I didn’t put their special code in and received no free shipping. Yes my fault but just seems silly to have to put a code in for that day to get it. It doesn’t bother them to not include everything I ordered(even though it shows in stock) and ship my partial order. Then ship the rest later in the day and hit me with more shipping.

SSGOldfart
01-31-2020, 10:54 AM
That is exactly why I won't purchase a Lee product. I learned early on when I bought a "Drip O matic" Never again no more Lee stuff. Anyway its sounding like your pot' lead valve failed to seal. Had mine dump the entire contents on the bench and on the floor simply because I was young at the time and didn't pay attention to seating the valve properly at the conclusion of the last casting session. Trying to fill the mold when the lead was starting to cool was the reason for my malfunction/ stupidity. Played with their 20 lb pot and their 10 lb pot and other than dripping they work ok I just decided to go from junk to a big boy pot on a bullet caster that doesn't drip.

Are you sure that was Lee's/the pots fault,? Or maybe it's your fault, just pointing out we are quick to point the finger sometimes.My drip o magic is over 30 years old and still working fine. Yep drips almost as much as my other brands. Back to the point I think Midway USA does a Perry fair job. No other company gives back as much to the shooters world, Larry Potterfield is a fine business man,and a good friend.

Just my .02 worth.

frankenfab
02-02-2020, 10:18 AM
That for me is a negative when using them. My mailbox is 3/4 mile away which means when I order from them and it goes to the post office it's about a 5 mile round trip to town

It doesn't stay at the PO. I goes through the PO to your mailbox.

leadhead
02-02-2020, 10:55 AM
About the tax...... Did you know:
Article 1
Section 9 of the constitution of the United States.
No tax or duty shall be laid on articles exported
from any state.
Denny

elmacgyver0
02-02-2020, 11:09 AM
About the tax...... Did you know:
Article 1
Section 9 of the constitution of the United States.
No tax or duty shall be laid on articles exported
from any state.
Denny

As Mickey Rooney put it once, "We aren't using the Constitution anymore".

leadhead
02-02-2020, 11:32 AM
Why the he!! are people not pushing this? It seems people just sit back
and let the government just keep taking more and more liberties from
us.
Denny