PDA

View Full Version : holster sticky???

sonoransixgun
12-16-2019, 04:05 PM
Is there a sticky thread on holsters here on the forum, just pics of different ones made by members? If not, could one be made?

I want to make one and need some inspiration. I saw one I liked in a past thread, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Thanks!

Der Gebirgsjager
12-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Did you try the website's "search" feature? I do recall that there have been holster threads in the past.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-16-2019, 05:14 PM
no sticky that I am aware of?
No good way to search images on castboolits either.
also photos in older threads on castboolits that were posted via a link to a 3rd party host website, especially photobucket, are likely gone anyway.

If I wanted to scroll through hundreds of photos of holsters for inspiration, I'd type "custom Leather gun holster" in my favorite web search engine, like google, and click "search images".

this is duck duck go with the above plugged in...it's a search engine that doesn't retain and sell your data.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=custom+Leather+gun+holster&t=hp&iax=images&ia=images

LUCKYDAWG13
12-16-2019, 05:34 PM
try this http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29421

sonoransixgun
12-16-2019, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!

smoked turkey
12-16-2019, 06:38 PM
sonoransixgun It was only a day or so ago that I ran across a home-made holster that really caught my eye here. You might look at the section "Equipment Reviews and Discussion", under the post by curioushooter about his posting-"The quest for a decent woods rig. That just might be the one you saw.

sonoransixgun
12-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Thanks, smoked turkey....I like that look of that rig....I poked around and did find the one I had seen before. It’s in the “Wheelguns, Pistols and Handcannons” section, in a thread titled “Ruger .44 Special Flattop Bisley-Review,” post by rintinglen. I like how simple it is and the way it rides high on the waist. Seems a good configuration for the type of hiking and climbing around I do.