PDA

View Full Version : RIA 10mm 1911 vs. Maine Handgun Qualification

Hrfunk
12-14-2019, 09:29 AM
Hi all! Here's a good pistol pitted against a great course. See what you think of it!

Howard

https://youtu.be/Q-34mDtoYFM

Buzz Krumhunger
12-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Nice shooting, as usual.

Hrfunk
12-14-2019, 11:17 AM
Nice shooting, as usual.

Thank you Buzz!

Howard

RedlegEd
12-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Howard,
Excellent! As you noted, this course is tough. Imagine how much harder if they threw seated drills or weak hand drills on top of the really tight times.
Ed

rintinglen
12-14-2019, 12:31 PM
Great shooting, Howard, on a great, tough course. Those Three yard time limits with a DA pistol from a level three holster border on impossible. I don’t know if it was you or the gun, but the bulk of the shots went a tad left. I’m going to give this a try with my Colt Agent 38, but I don’t think I can make the time and reload on those 9 shot stages. My name ain’t Miculek. ;)

Hrfunk
12-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Great shooting, Howard, on a great, tough course. Those Three yard time limits with a DA pistol from a level three holster border on impossible. I don’t know if it was you or the gun, but the bulk of the shots went a tad left. I’m going to give this a try with my Colt Agent 38, but I don’t think I can make the time and reload on those 9 shot stages. My name ain’t Miculek. ;)

I'm sure they were tending to the left because I was rushing the trigger squeeze to make the time limits.

Howard

Dan Cash
12-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Howard, watch yourself on reholstering. It looks like you are pointing the muzzle into your pelvis. If I am mistaken, please forgive me.

Hrfunk
12-14-2019, 08:45 PM
Howard, watch yourself on reholstering. It looks like you are pointing the muzzle into your pelvis. If I am mistaken, please forgive me.

Thanks! I’ll watch that. I didn’t realize I was doing it.

Howard

Geezer in NH
12-14-2019, 08:58 PM
He would get shot by the guys buddy, No scan for others totally tunneled to me.

Instead of bring the gun back into the chest he should be scanning for other threats. That was how I was taught on my force. He does the same it seems in each video.

Yep look down for the timer dude, trained to die IMHO

Dan Cash
12-15-2019, 12:15 PM
He would get shot by the guys buddy, No scan for others totally tunneled to me.

Instead of bring the gun back into the chest he should be scanning for other threats. That was how I was taught on my force. He does the same it seems in each video.

Yep look down for the timer dude, trained to die IMHO

Sorry, HR, did not mean to open a can of criticism. I should have sent a PM instead of open thread post.

Hrfunk
12-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Sorry, HR, did not mean to open a can of criticism. I should have sent a PM instead of open thread post.

Don't sweat it! I've been a cop for 3 decades, a little criticism isn't going to hurt me. For the record, the comment is correct, a shooter should scan for additional threats after completing a stage of fire. If you watch some of the other videos in this series you'll see me doing it. In this video, however, I was not. As an aside, it has always seemed to me that the concept of "additional threats" is better reinforced during simmunition training and firearm simulators. Use of multiple targets would be another way to accomplish that goal. Still, to be absolutely tactically sound, it should be performed after live-fire on the range.

Thanks,
Howard

Hrfunk
12-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Making a mistake big enough for the whole world to see takes a special talent!

Howard

https://youtu.be/7_AnKUshGhA

Hrfunk
12-22-2019, 04:10 PM
If at first you don't succeed.....

Howard

https://youtu.be/zrfRHJUgDHU

rintinglen
12-23-2019, 03:58 PM
Shot on my birthday! Thank you for the update and explanation. Still like this course, but it seems to be a little vague, I prefer more structured stages with real time limits.
As tiny Tim put it, “God bless us, everyone.”

Hrfunk
12-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Shot on my birthday! Thank you for the update and explanation. Still like this course, but it seems to be a little vague, I prefer more structured stages with real time limits.
As tiny Tim put it, “God bless us, everyone.”

You pretty much echoed my thoughts on this course. It’s still challenging, but I actually liked it better the way I shot it the first time.

Howard