PDA

View Full Version : Cast muzzle loader late rut buck

nagantguy
12-13-2019, 04:55 PM
IMG_1763.JPG

So this bruiser came out of the black muck swamp behind a lime of about 5 does, using a t/c encore and some home cast .430 wide flat nose boolits in a harvester sabot, shot was about 40 yards quartering away, broke ribs on the near side punctured the guts unfortunately and destroyed both lungs and exit hole right behind off side shoulder, he walked about 10 steps and went down.

nagantguy
12-13-2019, 04:56 PM
Sorry guys; for whatever reason I just an error message when I try to post pictures I’ll try again tonight.

rking22
12-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Might need to down size them. I cannot post pictures from my phone without reducing the file size first.

Cary Gunn
12-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Waiting for the photos, Mr. Nagant.

Please hurry.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Tripplebeards
12-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Post a pic of your unused boolit and sabot as well. What alloy and powder load?

Prodigal Son
12-14-2019, 11:16 AM
Good job, I had error messages when I post some pics other not! Maybe to large of pictures idk

nagantguy
12-14-2019, 06:55 PM
Guys still having trouble have pics of buck and unused boolit- I’ve had trouble all
Day and night with phone computer printer and the whole works - it’s a really nice buck , large bodied mature 7 point and was in full rut, didn’t even react to the shot just kept going nose to the ground following the does and went about 10 steps with the drunken sailor walk and went down hard, it was a great hunt, and this particular Encore in 209x50 is the firearm I’ve killed more deer with than any other I own and has accounted for my three best firearms deer to date. Also my best brag shot- witnessed by four other fellows - during a late season drive on a very very cold day even by MI standards . A large doe on a full run in mid jump over a fence, high on the shoulder and at impact she spun back around and fell on the near side of said fence- one guy paced it out at 198 yards, another 202 and a third guy who stands 6 foot 8 said it was only 185, either way it was a good shot my lead and follow through were good and others saw it!