PDA

View Full Version : Savage 219 book

richhodg66
12-12-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm a fan of Savage 219s and have a few, one of which has a bad misfiring problem.

Looking around did not produce a good tutorial on disassembly and guys on here have discussed what a pain they are to take a part. So I did a little more searching and found a forum devoted to the 219. The guy who runs that forum wrote a book which he promised me has detailed instructions among a lot of other information. I ordered one off Gunbroker and he threw in a copy of a Frank DeHaas article about them from Shooting Times in 1962 as well. Book arrived a couple of days ago and I've been browsing it.

Guys, this gentleman is THE authority on all things Savage 219, I can't believe the level of detail and research about these rifles that are in this book. And, he's a real nice guy to converse with via email. If you like these rifles, you probably ought to get a copy.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847173876

nanuk
12-28-2019, 03:45 PM
I too love the 219's

I also have a few.

too bad GunBroker doesn't allow Canucks on the site!
no way to get this book! :(

RustyReel
12-28-2019, 04:27 PM
I like 'em, and their shotgun variants, but not that much.

uscra112
12-30-2019, 05:26 AM
Price seems a bit steep for a book on a model that's not all that popular. I have an A model with two barrels, .30-30 & 12ga., but I don't think I need a book that badly. DeHaas has told me as much as I needed to know.