PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 Mag ?

Johnch
12-10-2019, 04:58 PM
I am getting ready to buy a 9 MM barrel to use in my Glock 22 40 S&W
So I am also getting ready to buy a couple of the 9 MM Mags also LOL

But I was looking .... ( I Normally buy Factory mags )
But saw Mag Pul has mags for the Glock 17 and are slightly less $$ , I got to thinking [smilie=l: .... dangerous some times
As I use several of the Mag Pul mags in the AR 15 and like them

Are the Mag Pul Glock 17 mags any good ?

John

lefty o
12-10-2019, 08:00 PM
while magpul makes a good AR magazine, you see way too many complaints about their glock mags.

Johnch
12-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Thanks
I am .... CHEAP !!
So I try and buy good stuff the first time

I may spend extra $$ the first time
But I hope I save $$ by not having to buy a replacement from a bad choice of what I bought the first time

John

Rockwell
12-10-2019, 09:21 PM
I have used Magpul 9mm mags extensively, and have found them every bit as good as factory.

reddog81
12-10-2019, 09:34 PM
I have a couple of the 17 round mags and they’ve worked fine. I just bought a couple of the 21 round models and they’ve worked fine at the range the 3 or 4 times I used then. The others have probably been used 10 times or less. They definitely feel cheaper than the Glocks but they seem to function just fine in my limited experience.

Lloyd Smale
12-12-2019, 07:57 AM
yup me too. Ive got 6 of them and my 17 and 19 have never missed a beat with them. If they don't magpuls customer service is as good as it gets and they will send you new ones. For a 1/3 the price there a no brainer if you ask me.
I have used Magpul 9mm mags extensively, and have found them every bit as good as factory.

Sig556r
12-12-2019, 08:20 AM
I have several magpuls that match up with the OEMs except with aftermarket +2 basepads.
My glocks (& I got 5) ain't finicky with mags, even my 33-round KCIs run flawless.

Ed_Shot
12-12-2019, 08:23 AM
+1 for Magpul. My LW 9mm conversion barrel for my G22 was a great investment.

Bigslug
12-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Even a factory Glock mag is not a bank-breaker, but I would steer you toward newer ones. The older ones were never really problematic IN 9MM, but there were a lot of revisions on the .40 S&W side of the aisle to improve function with that cartridge, and they've filtered out to the rest of the line. The new Gen 5 9mm mags are NICE.

I bought a few Mag Puls, but can't say I've run them exhaustively. Cheap enough to roll the dice on one or two before sinking your 401K into them.

Johnch
12-13-2019, 12:56 PM
LOL I guess I will try one
But if it is a problem , I will not be out much $$

John

baragasam
12-13-2019, 03:59 PM
GL9 10 rounders worked great in a G17 so far, no issues.

Geezer in NH
12-14-2019, 09:16 PM
Back in the 94 assault ban on mags many just used .40 &W mags for the extra capacity in the 9mms

Myself, Glock mags are cheap enough for me.

rickys2
12-15-2019, 03:51 PM
I love Mapul stuff, but not for Glock mags. Some times you need to buy factory mag.

nagantguy
12-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Surprised by the feed back; the magpul Glock mags are a strong contender- and I’ve had zero trouble with them in various pistols and pcc’s, and sometimes the deals you find like black Friday magpul glock mags for under $10- and even though the magpul extended version holds 27 not 33 hey are always available. Just wish they’d get into the Glock 30/21 game- as extended quality mags in .45 are sometimes unobtainable

Johnch
12-16-2019, 07:15 AM
LOL I guess I will find out how the Mag Pul mag works
Midway has the extended threaded Swenson Glock barrels on sale for $114.99
So I ordered 3 of the Mag Pul mags also

I guess I will have to cast a few hundred of several different bullets to see what shoots best
I see that as a GOOD reason to cast as any

John

FLINTNFIRE
12-16-2019, 01:11 PM
I myself have not used the magpul , but my son and son in law have them and they say they are not as good as a glock factory mag. they use them now for practice drills but not for carry , I have noticed if you watch ads and sales sooner rather then later you will find glock factory mags at a pretty decent price , Let us all know how yours work and your experience with them , good luck .

Burnt Fingers
12-16-2019, 02:06 PM
I've been using the Magpul Glock mags in my Ruger PCC with no problems. I've got a couple of buddies who use them in their 9mm AR pistols, again no problem.

I've also got a fistful of the KCI 33 round mags, no problem with those either.

I've ran close to 4000 rounds through the Magpul Glock mags in the past year.

EMC45
12-16-2019, 06:18 PM
The KCI Korean mags are good. Centerfire Systems sell them CHEAP!!

dimaprok
12-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Thanks
I am .... CHEAP !!
So I try and buy good stuff the first time

I may spend extra $$ the first time
But I hope I save $$ by not having to buy a replacement from a bad choice of what I bought the first time

JohnMagpul is good, but stay away from Korean junk KCI, I didn't listen to my cousin trying to save $ and I regret it, but the time I replace the springs I could have bought OEMs for a few dollars more.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

dimaprok
12-16-2019, 09:42 PM
The KCI Korean mags are good. Centerfire Systems sell them CHEAP!!Garbage! Stay away from Korean crap, cheap molded plastic with weak spings, had to replace springs, it wouldn't pick up rounds reliably, by the time I upgraded I could have had OEM for a couple bucks more

EMC45
12-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Garbage! Stay away from Korean crap, cheap molded plastic with weak spings, had to replace springs, it wouldn't pick up rounds reliably, by the time I upgraded I could have had OEM for a couple bucks more

Hadn't had a problem yet.

W.R.Buchanan
12-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Did you know that .40 S&W mags will work just fine with 9MM? I have shot my G23 a bunch with its normal mags and a 9MM Conversion Barrel. Works just fine and I don't have to worry about mixing magazines up for that gun. My 9MM barrel is more about SHTF backup as I don't normally do 9MM.

I have KCI 31 round mags for my PCC .40 carbine and they run just fine as well. I normally run Glock 22 round mags in that gun.

Randy

WinchesterM1
12-17-2019, 08:51 PM
I have about a dozen magpul mags and they work great, I have about 20 KCI mags from centerfiresystems and I have only had one 33 rounder with weak springs, replaced the spring with a Glock OEM and not a problem since, Glock 9mm mags are what I use for about 90% of my shooting sports I use them every day of the week and I have t had any problems with the KCI mags, I even found one laying out side on the ground for about 6 months and it still works flawlessly

jrayborn
12-20-2019, 08:05 PM
My experience with magpul Glock mags is all positive. I have used models for the G22, G17, G19, G26 and both extended 9mm and .40cal. Nothing bad to say about any of them. I have been using them exclusively for years and find them every bit as good as the Factory models at a bout half the price...