PDA

View Full Version : New on board

BRYAN
11-10-2008, 03:39 AM
I've been lurking around here only a couple weeks, but I have aready picked up a lot of tips. By way of introduction, I have been reloading for almost 25 yrs, casting for about 20 yrs. My experience in casting is long but not terribly deep. For several years I cast a good bit for my pistol, rifle, and muzzle loaders using mostly Lee equipment, even the Lee dipper (it made a great pot skimmer). In the 90's I used a good friend and gunsmith's sizing equipment. My good friend has since escaped the trials of this life and I have not cast for several years. I recently ordered a RCBS Lubrisizer, a new pot and a few other goodies to get me back in business. I am presently "down range" serving as a Ordnance Officer and anticipate getting home for Christmas. I wish I had found this site months ago, it would have been a nice diversion from the stressful work here. If anyone ask, there is not a lot of fun things to do in your spare time in Iraq.

missionary5155
11-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Good morning and GREETINGS !
Welcome ! Always good to have another serving trooper with us. Your branch did a fine job keeping my M60A1 churning up soil (71-74). I understand the boredom factor... I used to wonder why the Green Machine printed so many FMs about nuts and bolts .. what else can ya do when sitting on a nameless stack of ammo in the middle of the bushes and you cannot find any caliber 50 tracer ammo to make a mini-mortor.
May God keep you safe and take you home again. Mike

Linstrum
11-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Hey, there, Bryan! Welcome aboard!

I started casting in 1964, but compared to what I know now, I didn't know much until after I found the group of guys who hang out here in this web site.

In other words, this is THE PLACE for learning about how to cast all sorts of boolits and then how to shoot them.

I hope your anticipations are met and you can make it back for Christmas, Godspeed to you!

rl470

Bret4207
11-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Welcome and thank you for doing what you do. God keep you and you bud's safe.

Cherokee
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the group - and thank you for your service. We'll be glad to share whatever knowledge will help you. Pray for ya'll every day. USAR 66-68

Echo
11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the board, Bryan. I am a fairly Newbie, having been on the board only about 6 mos, but I have learned SO MUCH from it. I, too, have been reloading, and casting, a long time, but am invigorated by this board. Read the stickys - Criminy, there is a LOT of GOOD STUFF here.

And Thank You for your service.

454PB
11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Another welcome and thank you for your service! Come home safe and sound.

This is a great group of diversity and knowledge, perhaps you can share some of yours.

Jim
11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey, Bryan! Welcome to the group, Bud! Sure glad to have you with us. You'll find a great bunch of guys(and a few gals) here and a WEALTH of knowledge. I'm just a dumb ol' retired pipefitter, but if I can do anything for you, sing out!
Edit addition: Oh, by the way, thank you for protecting my freedom. I understand the sacrifice.
Jim

mooman76
11-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Welcome aboard!
I started casting almost 40 years ago with slingshot pellets. Then I moved up tp ML RB's & conicals about 20 years ago and started doing regular bullets and reloading about 5 years ago.

Leadforbrains
11-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome aboard Bryan. Great group of folks here.

Heavy lead
11-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Ditto

Bigjohn
11-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the board, good to have all the new members who join us, it adds to the skills knowledge we have.

At this time and date, I send you a personal note of thanks for your service. Even us Aussies value those that are placed 'In harms way' for the 'Joe Public' & those of us who cannot serve anymore.

Come home safely, mate,

John.

PatMarlin
11-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Welcome to Cast Boolit Heaven Bryan! ...:Fire:

BRYAN
11-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I look forward to benifiting from the wealth of knowledge here. On the outside chance I think I can contritbute, I'll throw it on the table. Be sure and correct me when I'm wrong, I hate to continue passing off poor information. I have aready recognized at least one member from "the Frugal Outdoorsman" site, that would be you Junior. When I get home I'll have to drop by Tullos since its in my work area.

Missionary5155: In the early 80's I was a 19D in the Cav and there's not many left in green who has split tracks and pulled packs on M60 Tanks and 113's, I get kind of nostalgic when I get around'em.

mold maker
11-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Looking forward to having you State side, and Safe.
Being home for Christmas must seem a long way off, but we're all roting for ya.
Thanks for making it safe for those here. You and the others are truly appreciated.

testhop
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
-bryan
welcome aboard
just what do you find fun in iraq lol
cant be the girls
hunting could be good though
remember keep your head your hand and your butt down