PDA

View Full Version : RCBS--again!

keeper89
12-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi all, I know this topic has been on once (!) or twice before but I just HAD to do this........was changing the depth setting on my old Lubri-sizer the other day, going from 357 die to 308. While adjusting the depth screw I found that the threaded tube portion of the adjuster had broken from fatigue...... god alone knows how many times this piece has been moved and retightened since I purchased the machine in 1979.......anyhow, called RCBS and spoke to a lovely lady named (appropriately enough) Joy who sent me out a replacement part that day.......turns out we weren't on quite the same page and I got the long threaded rod which goes in the lube resevoir.....another phone call and the appropriate part is on the way along with the appropriate manual (which is lost somewhere between here in northern new york and louisiana) fo I will be able to identify further broken parts (if any) by serial number. I can only say that I am glad that the vast majority of my equipment came in those little green boxes and that the new things coming here will be the same!!! Thanks, RCBS! ;-)

cabezaverde
12-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Where are you at in Upstate NY ?

fatnhappy
12-14-2005, 05:23 PM
oooh ooooh let me guess. Waaaaaaaay upstate and he's a CO. Malone?

keeper89
12-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Essex County on beautiful Lake Champlain. Small town named Mineville about an hour south of Plattsburgh, half an hour north of Ticonderoga. See--a true adirondack redneck is incapable of giving distance in miles--we only use time duration--course all times are subject to extreme extension this time of year :roll:

keeper89
12-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Not all prison guards who live waaaaaay upstate are from Malone! Just most of em!!! LOL

wills
12-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I always wondered why anyone would want to steal a prison.

keeper89
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Take a pretty big truck judging by the ones I have worked in! And what the hell would anybody do with one when they got it home? :veryconfu

David R
12-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Keeper,

MY first "apartment" was in Plattsburg. I lived in a Duplex trailer. Didn't stay long though. Sure liked those Michigans.

Now in Western NY with the Iraquois national wildlife refuge in my back yard. ( I live in Da Swamps)

David

mag_01
12-14-2005, 11:39 PM
:coffee: Wwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhoooo ----- yes ----- RCBS ---------good company they did me right-a phone call - and parts where delivered to my door no charge :redneck: ---------Mag_01

Frank46
12-15-2005, 03:49 AM
Keeper89, I have long held the belief that a black hole exists between new york and louisiana. How else could one explain all the missing magazine subscriptions that have gone missing. Frank

robertbank
12-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Ummm Spent 10 years in Peterborough just north of you. You know you are in the East when you ask how for one place is from another and you get the time it takes to get there. Locals always know your speed of course. Have to admit I can't shake the habit! HAve a Happy New Year.

Stay Safe

Bob

keeper89
01-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Good to hear from you, Robert. And yes, I think the far northeast is the only place that judges distance by time lol. Anyhow, returns on the happy new year and I have to say that through the years and many forays north of the border I have never had anything less than a great time!!! Happy casting! :lovebooli

MT Gianni
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Montana and Wyoming use hours. The old-timers used to use the number of beers it took to get there but we are politically correct, have more sense and and open container law as of last year. Gianni.

keeper89
01-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Glad to know us eastern frozen brains aren't the only ones!! But then again Montana and Wyoming----that's GOT to be frozen brain territory--and I do NOT use that term disrespectfully!!!! Happy casting and better shooting!!! :Fire: