PDA

View Full Version : T/C peep sight

smorin2
12-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Hi guys i posted here last week about a Fox Ridge Outfitters muzzleloader and promptly got the answer i was looking for. I’d like to ask for your assistance again please. The peep sight on the gun is missing the aperature and i was wondering if anyone would know if another brand such as Williams would be compatible thread wise and if not would anyone have a suggestion where i’d find one? The model # is 7194.Here is a stock pic of the sight i have:252575
Thank you all for your help.

12-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Pretty sure they thread all the same. Brownells has a selection of "gold" ringed peeps that I really like. There is a good ring around the peep aperture that really seems to help in low light use.

Mr Peabody
12-08-2019, 09:26 AM
I believe I've used the Williams in mine when I wanted an aperture.

smorin2
12-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Thank you sir. I found a couple on Brownells site but wanted to confirm before i purchased. The aperature you refer to is one of the ones i was looking at.

12-08-2019, 10:57 AM
smorin2 -- If you search around, you'll see they have different aperture opening sizes. I got a variety to check out. Some are better mid-day and some better at twilight.

smorin2
12-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Thank you all for your help. I’m going to try a couple different aperature opening sizes.I’m new to muzzleloaders and really appreciate everyone who took the time to answer my questions.

pietro
12-08-2019, 03:38 PM

FWIW, I use an aperture for zeroing a rifle, but usually remove the it from my peepsights and shoot using the resulting "ghost ring" - which gives very fast sight acquisition when hunting with a very minor loss of accuracy.

As for obtaining an aperture, many real gunsmiths (not SR parts-changers) usually keep a scrounge box around where they keep things like sights, sight parts, screws, etc - I would ask around locally.

Also a white line spacer from a QD sling swivel kit can be fitted to just about any aperture - like this fella did:

https://i.imgur.com/7T3QY5Tl.jpg

Good Cheer
12-09-2019, 07:56 AM
Hi guys i posted here last week about a Fox Ridge Outfitters muzzleloader and promptly got the answer i was looking for. I’d like to ask for your assistance again please. The peep sight on the gun is missing the aperature and i was wondering if anyone would know if another brand such as Williams would be compatible thread wise and if not would anyone have a suggestion where i’d find one? The model # is 7194.Here is a stock pic of the sight i have:252575
Thank you all for your help.

If you're not in a hurry, Wednesday I could stick the thread gauges on one.
There may be someone at Brownell's that could verbally confirm the threads will fit.

smorin2
12-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Thank you Goodsteel for that offer but i took a chance and ordered a Williams aperture from Brownells yesterday. It was less than $20.00 so i took a chance. I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to respond to my questions. This site has the most helpful and polite folks of any forum i’ve visited.