PDA

View Full Version : PID controller for old Lyman Mag 20

odette
12-07-2019, 02:51 PM
I read somewhere that there is someone on Cast Boolits website that makes PID controllers for sale, does anyone know who this is and how to contact ?

Phlier
12-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Here you go: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?6334-HATCH

He recently had a group buy thread, but I think it got filled up and closed.

There are also very thorough instructions here on how to make your own. It's really not too hard... I'm not "electrically inclined" and the hardest part of making mine was opening the beer.

Just takes a bit of reading, and finding the parts that you want to use.

Have never heard one bad thing about the ones that Hatch makes. In fact, you'll find a lot of posts from guys that are very pleased with his PID's.

Beagle333
12-07-2019, 03:42 PM
If you want plug and play.... go with Hatch. If you wanna build one..... I've built three and I can't change a light switch in the house. So it ain't that hard. :D
Happy casting!

40-82 hiker
12-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Add up the cost of the parts and compare with Hatch's PID. I did, and bought one from Hatch, though it was on a group buy. I can say, however, that now I have his I might do a couple of things differently if I was to build one of my own, but that is a personal preference, and would probably not make any difference at all to the usability of it. I am very happy with the way Hatch's works for me. I had a bit of a slow start with it, but that was MY fault.