PDA

View Full Version : Eads Mfg. Co. trigger

gnoahhh
12-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Anyone here with any knowledge of the workings of a single set trigger made long ago by Eads Mfg. Co.? It's fitted to a Style T '03 heavy target rifle, if that matters.

waksupi
12-05-2019, 02:31 PM
Single sets are usually pretty simple in design. I've had them on a couple rifles over the years, and could always sense a bit of creep before let off. I prefer something that breaks cleaner.

samari46
12-06-2019, 01:07 AM
Pretty rare bird the style T 03 Springfield. I recall only seeing exactly one in over 50 years of looking at firearms. Might just need a good cleaning. Carb cleaner followed by some LPS #1 or #2 for lubrication. I use the LPS #2 to help prevent rust and grime on my lathe. Frank

M-Tecs
12-06-2019, 03:00 AM
Pretty rare bird the style T 03 Springfield. I recall only seeing exactly one in over 50 years of looking at firearms. Might just need a good cleaning. Carb cleaner followed by some LPS #1 or #2 for lubrication. I use the LPS #2 to help prevent rust and grime on my lathe. Frank

Springfield M-1903 Style T, Heavy Barrel target rifle, .30-’06. The Style T ’03 rifle is quite rare, only 100 were ever made by Springfield Armory in 1929-32.

gnoahhh
12-10-2019, 12:03 PM
This one was re-barreled by John Dubiel, shortly before he died in 1937 judging by the number on the barrel. Receiver number registers as correct. 28" straight taper barrel from nearly full diameter of the receiver ring to .900" at the muzzle. Original M1922 stock with correct reinforcing bolts, bolt numbered to the gun. Headspace is a bare minimum. Lyman 48 sight, Fecker scope blocks fitted. (It now wears a Fecker 12x scope.) With scope it's just shy of 14 pounds.

Because of being re-barreled (with might well be an even better barrel than the ones the Armory provided), I got it for a small fraction of the $8-10K commanded by correct original Style T's.

The bore is absolutely pristine. I have high hopes for it being a cast bullet bug holer!