PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the Girsan Regard?

tazman
12-04-2019, 12:08 PM
The Girsan Regard pistol, made in Turkey, is a clone of the Beretta 92fs. This pistol is getting some good reviews over the last few years.
It has been imported by a couple of different companies, currently by EAA if what I read is correct.

Petrol & Powder
12-04-2019, 06:58 PM
I can't speak to it directly but I will say Turkey is capable of producing good quality firearms. At first glance, it seems to be a fairly faithful copy of a Beretta 92, although the cuts in the slide that mate with the locking block are angled on the Girsan; so a Beretta barrel will not swap.

I have to say with the number of Beretta's on the market, both new and used; I don't see a huge attraction to acquire a Beretta clone.

edp2k
12-04-2019, 08:13 PM
I have to say with the number of Beretta's on the market, both new and used; I don't see a huge attraction to acquire a Beretta clone.

+1. Real Beretta 92s seem to go for cheap now since they are not the cool-gun-of-the-month, and are not a sig or a glock.

You know you will always be able to get parts for a Beretta, and the resale of a Beretta would be higher than
a relatively unknown turk gun.
Buds or cdnn or other online places typically have new Beretta 92 cheap, and I know I've seen places like
SOG and Classic have police trade in 92 for cheap.

Personally I would look into the police trade is as they are most likely carried a lot and shot very little.
The guns were maintained by professional armorers.
Sometimes you get a like new police gun that was never issued or issued to a desk jockey
No rust but you might have to clean the lint out of it :)
Sometimes you can get a hand pick of the police guns for only a few bucks more.