PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Primers

ACC
12-02-2019, 06:12 PM
I had a friend who gave me some wolf primers. I really liked them in my 7.62X39. They seemed to me to help accuracy. I have looked all over and can't find any. Anyone have a website that sells these?

ACC

kungfustyle
12-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Grafs and powder valley used to sell them. I just checked and neither of the sites have them listed. I'm stumped. Maybe gunbroker?

koehn,jim
12-02-2019, 06:39 PM
They are made in Russia and covered by the embargo slapped on several years back.

BK7saum
12-02-2019, 06:58 PM
How many are you looking for? Large rifle or small rifle? PM sent.

HodakaGA
12-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Wolf is a marketing company. They really don't make things as far as I understand. Wolf primers have been available since the embargo at good prices. Bought them through https://ammunitionstore.com/categories/reloading/primers.html . They currently have limited stock.

lead-1
12-02-2019, 11:15 PM
I have gotten Wolf large and small pistol primers from Ammunitionstore also and give them thumbs up, however I live close enough to pick them up in person. They are not a walk in store per say but a warehouse that ships and allows pick ups at their office.

M-Tecs
12-02-2019, 11:18 PM
Per conversation with DAG ammo.com

a. Company that makes the primers for Tula is caught up on
the sanctions by Obama on Russia. Tula ammo is not
effected, that company is not making weapons in Russia and
is not banned / effected by sanctions.

b. Tula won't be getting any primers in till sanctions are lifted.

c. When Berdan primers in stock are gone, they are gone, same for boxer primers : they
are all in the Russian sanctions and banned .

d. Supply of Berdan primers has been problematic the last 10 yrs, and until Tula imported them,
there were none to be had in USA.

e. If you need .217 size Berdan primers, light a fire and find some Tula Berdan primers. Dag had them but I don't know how deep their supply is / is not. There are other vendors who have Tula primers if you search around and their supply will dry up as well.

Since Wolf and Tula get boxer primers from same company in Russia , you can expect Wolf primers to dry up on the market as well.

Texas by God
12-03-2019, 12:41 AM
I noticed that current Wolf ammo is of Ukrainian manufacture. Is that because of sanctions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FLINTNFIRE
12-03-2019, 01:41 AM
I bought both wolf and tula , and the price was fantastic , and I have been pleased with them , but the price on them now is not as attractive as it used to be . So I have bought cci and winchester again , wish they were as plentiful as they used to be and priced like they were .

ole_270
12-03-2019, 09:28 PM
I've still got 4 or 5 bricks of the Tula and Wolf small rifle primers and some of the large rifle magnum primers. Really like them in the 223, some of my most accurate ammo has been with these primers.

madsenshooter
12-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Make sure you don't get any of the lead free primers! I've got 4900+ to go cause they won't even light powders that burn about Blue Dot speed without a delay! Sometimes a delay, sometimes not, sometimes no bang at all!

res45
12-14-2019, 07:58 AM
I noticed that current Wolf ammo is of Ukrainian manufacture. Is that because of sanctions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wolf is a Importer/ marketing company out of CA, Wolf/Tula primers are made by the Russian company http://www.mpzflame.ru/production/primers/ Previously the primers were sold under the PMC name, when the contract ran out Wolf started selling them under their name.

Wolf ammo can and has been mfg. by any number of companies inside an outside of Russia, with the sanctions in place they just have to deal with whomever they can get a contract with to get ammo imported into the US.

I bought 2K of each size of the Wolf primers back when they were $10 per K years ago and still have most of them in my rainy day stash, they are excellent primers, but you want see anymore imported into the US until the sanctions are lifted if they ever are.

smithnframe
12-14-2019, 08:15 AM
I used to get them at gun shows for reasonable prices back during the Obamascare era! Haven't seen them around much since the scare subsided. I also used to see them for sale at Academy if that helps.

Photog
12-14-2019, 11:44 AM
Make sure you don't get any of the lead free primers! I've got 4900+ to go cause they won't even light powders that burn about Blue Dot speed without a delay! Sometimes a delay, sometimes not, sometimes no bang at all!

Ditto this. I threw away a bunch of 180g .40 with titegroup because of the laed free primers that would not light the powder. God-awful primers. The regular formula has worked fine. The berdan primers didn't sell at my gunshow table at $1.00 per 100. Berdan cases were free, could not give the stuff away.

res45
12-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Wish I could have gotten hold of some of the berdan primers I have a bunch of Lapua berdan primed cases in 7.62 x 39 currently loaded that I would like to reload. Guess I will just sit on them awhile longer, they aint eating anything.

ACC
12-14-2019, 09:27 PM
I need to be more careful. A friend did give me about 500 wolf primers, but my brother loaded them up for me. Sometimes I forget to explain things like that. Sorry if I mislead anyone. It just seemed that since everything else was the same, brass, powder, and bullet but the groups were smaller than with Federal primers, I take that to mean I need some more of those if I can get them locally. Paying hazmat and shipping and handling just ain't worth the 1/8 inch better group to me.

ACC

rickys2
12-15-2019, 03:47 PM
I still have a big lot of Wolf primers. I got them about 5 year ago for $99.99 for 5000 primer. I stocked up big time.

frankmako
12-16-2019, 09:45 PM
i used a boat load of Wolf/Tula primers. wish i could get a second boat load. never had any problems with them. to me they were/are better than what i am using now, winchester primers.