PDA

View Full Version : A Great Thanksgiving

ACC
11-29-2019, 12:24 PM
I know we are not all from the US here but I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my Australian cousins. Here is how my Thanksgiving went:

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did.

As most of you know we have a feral dog problem here in this part of the Lone Star State. Yesterday there are now two less problems. I went out to the place and came upon two who were standing next to each other at about 60 yards from me. I took careful aim with my ranch rifle and hit the closest one in the shoulder area. He/She hit the ground but so did the other one, but He/She needed another shot to finish Him/Her off. What had happened was that the bullet went through the first dog and continued into the other dog. But not enough to flat out kill the second dog.

I was shooting the 7.62X39 loaded with a 130 grain (casts to 135 with 1:20 mix) plain base case bullet with 10.5 grains of Unique and a Federal Primer in a Federal case. Out of this rifle I am getting right at 1700 FPS with no barrel leading. This rifle, being American made has a .308 bore and I size this bullet to .309.

So far a good day. So I walked down to our small pond on the place, and looked to see what I could see before returning home for lunch. Right out there in front of me was a feral hog. About 75 yards away, so down it goes. My wife and I only have a small freezer so the orphanage in the area got 1/2 the hog, which they were very thankful for.

All in all a great Thanksgiving!

ACC

davidheart
11-29-2019, 12:59 PM
Sounds like you had a great day and it's awesome you were able to donate to the local orphanage! Good on you and God bless!

koger
11-29-2019, 02:03 PM
Great day as you said, thanks for sharing.

MrWolf
11-30-2019, 10:09 AM
Good for you on making that donation.