PDA

View Full Version : air brushes

buggybuilder
11-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Need info in a hurry !!
Grandson wants an airbrush for Christmas to paint fishing lures.
Besides Hobby Lobby, who else sells them?

Pipefitter
11-29-2019, 12:40 PM
I bought one for that purpose at Harbor Freight. Make sure you get extra paint jars for it.

Winger Ed.
11-29-2019, 12:57 PM
I've had a couple of Badger airbrushes.
I was real happy with them, they make them from home hobby level up to pro stuff.

Phlier
11-29-2019, 02:25 PM
Pasche makes decent air brushes at relatively decent prices.

Make sure you get him a "dual action" air brush. He will love you for it.

What's dual action? Quick explanation.... You can push the button in, and as you do so, it varies the amount of airflow. But at the same time, you can slide the button back, which varies the amount of paint added to the stream. An airbrush with this combination is an artist's dream.

Daveco
11-29-2019, 02:42 PM
I bought mine off of Amazon, and the auction site usually has a good selection too. Even with the Black Friday shipping surge clogging up everything,you should be able to get one pretty fast from either. Mine is a no name version, so I'm not a good source for brand recommendations though. Good luck!

Another thought: don't forget to consider some type of compressed air source!!

Rick Hodges
12-01-2019, 11:44 AM
I have a Badger and harbor freight, both work...and both take some getting used to. The Pasche and Badgers can be found at craft stores like Michaels (that is where I got mine with a coupon). Some hobby shops that cater to model airplanes and cars will carry them as well.

gwpercle
12-04-2019, 11:35 AM
Make sure to get him a compressor to go with the air-brush .
Complete kits can be purchased , something like the Master Airbrush Professional Multi-Purpose Kit ($130) is a good one to start with , check Amazon ...they have several different kits .
Gary

nicholst55
12-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Manufacturers also sell blemished airbrushes for cheap. I bought mine direct from Badger, at a very reasonable price.