PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Gibbs 12 bore African hunter

elk hunter
11-29-2019, 10:05 AM
Anyone have one of the Pedersoli/Gibbs 12 bore rifles? If so how good is the fit and finish and how accurate is it? I'm thinking it would be a great muzzle loading elk rifle but would hate to spend that much on a marginal quality or poor shooting rifle.

Boz330
11-29-2019, 12:31 PM
Typically there is nothing wrong with Pedersoli products. I have a 45 Gibbs that I have shot out to 1000yd. I also have a Sharps by them that I have shot out to 1200yd. The only Gibbs ML that I heard of any issue with was a 40 cal and that was because the twist was too slow for long range work.

Bob

flint45
11-29-2019, 02:25 PM
I have not tested that rifle but Pedersoli products I have were of very good quality.

elk hunter
11-30-2019, 10:13 AM
Thanks guy's.

I haven't purchased a replica firearm in years so I don't know anything about the quality of them. I hadn't been able to locate the right original i.e. a gauge bore British stalking rifle so when I got a Dixie flyer in the mail and saw the Pedersoli 12 bore rifle was offered at a reduced price I decided to order one. Not the best time of year to try out a new rifle, right now it's 15 degrees and we have a foot of snow but hopefully it will warm up some by the time I get it.

PapaG
12-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Had one. Breech seemed a little thin for any kind of heavy load. Fit and finish was outstanding. Also had the Mortimer 12 ga shotgun. Gibbs didn't get used much, can't speak about the accuracy as I never worked up any loads. Shot 100 grains of fg and a .715 round ball. Just wasn't my thing.

GregLaROCHE
12-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Pedersoli has a good reputation. I’ve been looking for over a year now and I’m getting ready to buy one of their Sharps replicas.