PDA

View Full Version : What do these stars mean?

Jeff R
11-28-2019, 10:46 PM

These stars are in a post I recently made. I only got one out of five. Is getting stars a good thing or a bad thing? Am I walking the plank?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

JBinMN
11-29-2019, 01:15 AM
Just above your Original Post, to the Right are 3 Tabs to select.

THey each have a down arrow to the Right of them with a drop down menu.

The one on the far right is the one where the stars come in.

If you Left click on the arrow to the further Right, the, Rate this Thread tab, you will see the stars & you can select a group of stars to "rate" the thread.

I don't use that tab. Others might, but I just don't do it.

You asked, "Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

" I don't think so, either way, as I would reckon, most folks don't even mess with it, just like me.

You ask, "Am I walking the plank?" I don't think so, at least not because of the stars anyway.
;)

Your Welcome & Hope that info helps.

obssd1958
11-29-2019, 02:16 AM
The stars are a rating system for the post. They were made to allow folks to put a rating on posts that they think are either important, or a waste of time ( 1 for worst and 5 for best).
I have noticed that someone has been putting single star ratings on some of the "for sale" posts lately. It appears to be a juvenile attempt to "dis" what they think are not good deals - in their opinion. The use of this post rating system on sale ads, is not appropriate, and should be disabled for this area - in my opinion...

Don

rancher1913
11-29-2019, 08:03 AM
every forum has what they call a one star bandit so unless you hear from no1 just ignore it.

skeettx
11-29-2019, 01:50 PM
I do NOT use the star system
Who cares what agenda others might have
I just post what I know or need to know and leave it at that
:)
Mike

p.s. To make you feel better I will post 5 stars for you !!

Minerat
11-29-2019, 04:13 PM
As a moderator I can tell you the stars have nothing to do with your status on Cast Boolits. We have no planks here. Cheers!

super6
11-29-2019, 04:25 PM
As a moderator I can tell you the stars have nothing to do with your status on Cast Boolits. We have no planks here. Cheers!

I think maybe a little plank. Read the rules of engagement. The part of censor avoidance, Never use letters followed by$$ and letters followed by**** I learned the hard way. 10 points

jonp
11-29-2019, 05:18 PM
I never use the stars. If I dont like a thread I just move on.

super6
11-29-2019, 05:49 PM
I should do the same.

Winger Ed.
11-29-2019, 06:05 PM
I don't pay attention to the stars.

If you hear something negative from someone that doesn't have the green 'MOD" bar in the left margin:

It's sort of like little kids and roaches, it really doesn't matter what they think.