PDA

View Full Version : ISO Werndl Die Ste

Trapdoor
11-26-2019, 08:47 AM
I purchased a set of Werndl dies recently, after waiting about a year for availability & they sent me the wrong seater die. When I contacted them they advised that they were out of stock again and the wait time will be 24 months. Does anyone have a set they are willing to part with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trails4u
11-26-2019, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Trapdoor;4770696]I purchased a set of Werndl dies recently, after waiting about a year for availability & they sent me the wrong seater die. When I contacted them they advised that they were out of stock again and the wait time will be 24 months. Does anyone have a set they are willing to part with?

I don't know if this helps you or not....but for my Werndl I fireform cases from 348 Winchester, and then never size again. I'm basically able to thumb seat a .446 bullet, and then apply a mild crimp into the groove using the taper at the bottom of a .44 Special sizing die. I'm sure this is not the most freakishly accurate solution, but it does allow me to load for the Werndl without having to spend a fortune on dies, etc.
Maybe I just got lucky with the chamber dimensions and bore diameter on mine....so can't say for sure same would work for you.