PDA

View Full Version : Master bullet lube

abunaitoo
11-23-2019, 06:38 PM
Got this from a friend, with some other stuff.
Never heard of it before.
Opened it, and it's not good stuff.
Really strong solvent smell.
Anyone know anything about it????

Slugster
11-23-2019, 07:31 PM
Doe's it actually say on the can that it is a bullet lube? Or is it some kind of general lubricant with the name tradename Bullet? Never seen this before, but a strong solvent smell would have me suspicious of it actually being a bullet lube.

abunaitoo
11-23-2019, 08:29 PM
Printing is kind of eaten in places, but from what I could read, it is some kind of boolet coating.
You dip, or Swirl, the boolets in it, and let it dry.
Can is almost empty, maybe 1/4 left.
The fumes are bad.
I think one of the ingredients, from what I could read, is toluene.

rockrat
11-23-2019, 10:32 PM
It is a MoS2 lube. I used to coat all my boolits with the stuff, before I ran them thru my lubrisizer. If used by itself, might be good for mild 38 spcl boolits. Think the carrier was MEK and ether. I wouldn't use it inside nor stick my nose in the can. Even outside, if the wind wasn't blowing a bit, the fumes would give me a start of a headache.
To use, I put enough boolits in a can, add a tbsp of the stuff, put the lid on (plastic to seal) and shake and pour out on a screened container to dry, which it will quickly. The solvent evaporated rapidly and took a few hours for the smell to ease off
I still have some left somewhere. Part of a can and a full can. Haven't used it in years. Bought it in the late 80's. Think company went TU in the early 90's

wmitty
12-06-2019, 02:26 AM
Bought a can in the early 80's; it has methylene chloride in it as a carrier for the moly and the solvent evaporates very rapidly when exposed to air. There was a write up on it in Handloader magazine back in the late 80's I believe. I was not impressed with it as it was supposed to allow lubricating boolits simply by coating rather than requiring a lubesizer/ bullet lube (which I couldn't afford back then).