PDA

View Full Version : Hunting experience with a T/C Aristocrat

cwlongshot
11-23-2019, 03:45 PM
This is a grail gun for me.

I have had a couple pass thru my fingers when they showed up at poor mad $$ times. With age comes experience and since experience arrived... ;) I dont ever see these guns.

I know I can buy one on one of the auction sites. But I prefer to bide time and Ill cross paths one day.

Anyhow...

Looking for experiences with these in various calibers shooting cast bullets!

CW

rking22
11-23-2019, 07:09 PM
Assuming you are referring to the TCR83 in it’s initial release. I don’t keep up with new models, so if not just ignore. I bought one when it was first released, 4 digit serial#. I bought it in 243winchester. Soon traded to 223, which went down the road for a 22Hornet. All that in a couple years. The Hornet is a treasure and I still have it. I have been watching for a 32-40 all these many years, to no avail. I have never gotten around to cast in the TCR Hornet as I have a LOT of 45gr Hornet bullets, it is a single shot:)
There was nothing wrong with the 243 or 223, just not what I wanted from the TCR. I found a 243barrel that was listed as “excess headspace” for cheapish several years ago and used the mono bloc to make a 32hr barrel that then became a 30Special. 30 caliber on a 38 special case, cast bullet shooter with a Lyman reciever sight. Had a ball with it for a while,but the 26 inch barrel got kinda old. Now it wears the Hornet barrel again and is the nicest little rifle for a stroll thru the woods. Little heavy, kinda weird with the backwards double set triggers and safety safety button(???? Who thought that was a good idea) but nice in a quaint way.
What caliber did you find?? Seen a 32-40 barrel lately??:)