PDA

View Full Version : No PM emails

obssd1958
11-22-2019, 07:45 PM
I used to get email notices when someone would send me a private message. I haven't gotten an email for a long time, even though I've been getting multiple PMs almost every day. I checked my settings, and I do have that feature turned on.
Anyone else having the same issue? Any fixes for it??

Don

shdwlkr
11-22-2019, 07:56 PM
Yes mine did it starting today, never had this issue before on the board with PM's

JBinMN
11-22-2019, 10:28 PM
The following directions should help you fix the issue.If doing what is described below does not work for you, then I suggest contacting an Administrator, or a Moderator for further help.
:)

------------------
Scroll up to the top of the page & in the upper Right corner, next to your membername where you would Log IN, there is a down arrow right after your name. Left Click on that Down Arrow & a small Menu opens up.

On that small Menu, choose either INBOX, Or USER CP & LEFT Click on one.

WHen the new page opens, look to the column of choices on the left side Menu & scroll down until you see MY ACCOUNT.

Below the MY ACCOUNT is a list of options like Menu & the 2nd one down is GENERAL SETTINGS.

Left Click on that choice & when the GENERAL SETTINGS page opens, scroll down about a third of the page looking for Private Messaging in BOLD.

Once you see the Bolded, Private Messaging look at the choices offered there & as you scroll down slowly, the 3rd choice is about getting emails to notify you of PMs.

It is called: "Email Notification of New Private Messages: "

look a little bit to the right of the "Email Notification of New Private Messages: " towards the center of the page and make sure the top of the 2 choices where it says:

"Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages "

is the choice that has the little "bullseye" darkened for a choice & not the one below it.

Then scroll down to close to the bottom of the page while looking for the choices of SAVE CHANGES or RESET FIELDs.

LEFT CLICK on SAVE CHANGES, and you should now receive email notifications of PMs you receive.

--------------------------

G'Luck! & I hope that helped!

obssd1958
11-22-2019, 11:28 PM
JB,
As I noted in my original post, my settings are enabled to get email notification whenever there is a new PM. I checked again - and they are still enabled.
The instructions that you posted above are great though, for someone who is unfamiliar with how to check or access those settings.
My intention in starting this thread, was to ultimately get an Admin involved, if the number of individuals that this is affecting is large enough. If it's just me - not a big deal!

Don

JBinMN
11-23-2019, 04:23 AM
Don,

OOoops. Missed that part about the already checked settings. My fault. I was just in a hurry trying to help out & should have re-read yours & the other post with the similar issue again, before responding.

Well, anyway, perhaps someone who is unsure about how to set those PM Notification settings can use the directions in the future.
;)

I do have a possible method to get ahold of a Mod or Admin for ya to try, if one does not contact you or post here relatively soon. Use the REPORT POST triangle over on the bottom Left of each post & report your own post & describe the issue in a short manner. You will likely get a reply one way or the other from an Admin or Mod that way, as well as get some attention from them to the topic here as well.

Anyway, Other than "toggling" that "switch" in your Gen. settings off & on a couple times to see if that helps, unfortunately, I have nothing else to offer.

G'Luck!

Pressman
11-23-2019, 06:11 AM
Check the spam folder, my provider can and has kicked them off as spam.
Ken

Minerat
11-23-2019, 10:00 AM
I went back and checked and I am still getting them. I agree that sometimes my provider spams them too. I have to periodically list CB as a trusted site so they come thru.

waksupi
11-23-2019, 01:21 PM
Just click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

JBinMN
11-23-2019, 01:32 PM

Thanks! That did not occur to me. I will remember for the next time, if there is one.
;)

obssd1958
11-23-2019, 09:00 PM

Just followed your instructions. I'm hoping it's something simple!

obssd1958
11-27-2019, 12:17 AM
No response so far, and still no email notifications.

bandsmoyer
11-27-2019, 08:19 AM
My settings are correct and i'm not getting notifications either. E-mail

obssd1958
12-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Well over two weeks, and no response. I realize that this isn't the end of the world, but if someone would just respond - even with "we don't care", at least I would know it had been received.

Don

shdwlkr
12-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Well you had better show up for coffee or we will think you are up to something

obssd1958
12-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Just sent my third message to the "contact us " link.
Hope someday to get a response of some kind!

obssd1958
12-22-2019, 07:12 PM
Learned something new today. My email "Provider" - Yahoo - has been blocking emails from Cast Boolits, before they get to my email "Program" on my computer. Changed webmaster@gunloads.com to a "contact", and now I'm getting my PM notification emails again.
I think I have this resolved - for now.

Don