PDA

View Full Version : A second chance

nagantguy
11-19-2019, 11:35 AM

So on opening morning in MI of the firearms deer season this old boy chased a doe out of the swamp and ran broadside 25 yards from my stand, I missed this same buck with an arrow the previous Sunday with an arrow standing in exactly the same spot! Not often do you get a chance at a do over when hunting!
Also I got the .450 Bushmaster build and up and running just in time- a member here was nice enough to donate me some .458 cast boolits at right around 320 grains- I sized them to .452 and PC’d and gas checked them- had about a dozen of them- sighted in with 7 had very tight group at 50 yards and had 5 left- a pinch of lill’ gun and they worked wonderfully! These cast boolits from a Gould mold are the only ones I e had any sort of accuracy with in this particular 450 AR.

444ttd
11-19-2019, 12:08 PM
good buck!!!!!

EMC45
11-19-2019, 01:43 PM
Well done! Was it a pass through?

nagantguy
11-19-2019, 04:14 PM
No it was not a pass through; somewhere in the off side shoulder which was like a bag of broken glass I think what remained of the boolit is somewhere in the snow, as bad as I like to find and keep them it was 12 degrees when I dressed him out so speed was of the essence, also cause it was so cold and going to be I broke my traditional at home butchering cause when they freeze solid it’s a lot of work with a toddler and a girl in sports time is not something I have in abundance so off to a trusted butcher shop he went where they let him hang .

marshall623
11-19-2019, 04:33 PM
Great shooting , several years ago I had a second chance at a scrub buck that I misses twice with a bow . Then on opening morning of muzzleloader season here he came to a different stand , I told him under my breath that I was all out of carbon sticks and razor blades today .:mrgreen: