PDA

View Full Version : Rem 600 bolt disassembly ?

RU shooter
11-18-2019, 11:43 AM
For the first time ever I had some light primer hits yesterday with my model 600 . Same cci primers I always use well formed neck sized only brass primers seated how I always do . So that leaves me with the pin/ spring either starting to get weak or just gummed up , which is a possiblilty last season I hunted in the rain for two days and it got pretty wet so I hosed the bolt down with WD40 . My question is can I take the bolt apart without the need of a special tool? I have never had it apart since 1964 when it came from the factory . I want to at least rule this out since there's only 2 weeks left till deer season starts .

cwtebay
11-18-2019, 11:51 AM
For the first time ever I had some light primer hits yesterday with my model 600 . Same cci primers I always use well formed neck sized only brass primers seated how I always do . So that leaves me with the pin/ spring either starting to get weak or just gummed up , which is a possiblilty last season I hunted in the rain for two days and it got pretty wet so I hosed the bolt down with WD40 . My question is can I take the bolt apart without the need of a special tool? I have never had it apart since 1964 when it came from the factory . I want to at least rule this out since there's only 2 weeks left till deer season starts .I used this website to figure it out, it's a dirty son of a gun if the firing pin is gummed up! I acquired 2 that were in less than perfect condition, I took apart the first one and then soaked the tar out of the second in engine degreaser before attempting the second.
https://www.bevfitchett.us/firearms-assembly/remington-models.html

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Texas by God
11-18-2019, 02:51 PM
Douse it out with aerosol carb cleaner. Wear gloves and glasses. WD40 can save you or sink you but I don't use it on guns from experience like you describe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RU shooter
11-18-2019, 02:59 PM
Thanks that diagram was just what I was looking for . Hopefully this will work

RU shooter
11-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Douse it out with aerosol carb cleaner. Wear gloves and glasses. WD40 can save you or sink you but I don't use it on guns from experience like you describe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Indeed I normally don't use it on guns but she was soaked and figured wasthe best thing to displace moisture in places I couldn't dry out .