PDA

View Full Version : Deleting photos from attachment file

Boz330
11-18-2019, 11:02 AM
How do I delete photos from my file? I thought that I have done this before but when I went in to eliminate some pictures top open up some space I couldn't do it.

Thanks
Bob

Minerat
11-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Go to your profile. On left side near bottom is a tab called miscellaneous. In it is attachments. Pick this tab and it will show you all attachments you have used in posts. On the right side of each is a small check box pick the ones you want to erase, go to the bottom and pick delete. A word of caution once you erase them they will not show in the post they were attached to.

JBinMN
11-18-2019, 11:30 AM
ETA - I see that Minerat posted a method at the same time I did, & it appears it may be a better, more concise method.

I am going to leave the one below here though, since I took the time to type it out. Haha
;)

---------------------
Go into USER CP.

( You can find that by going up into the right hand corner of each CB.GL forum page & left clicking on the down arrow. When the menu appears, leck click on the USER CP choice.)

On the USER CP page, scroll down the page while looking to the Left side of the page at the menu there & at the bottom is ATTACHMENTS.

Left click on the ATTACHMENT choice & it will take you to the ATTACHMENT page.

On the ATTACHMENT page, look to the Right side of the page & there are little boxes there that coincide with the attachment files towards the left center if the page.

If you Left click on the boxes to Select the attachments you wish to delete, then scroll down the page, looking to the Left side of the page where the little boxes are, at the end of the attachments list on the LEft side is a link to "DELETE SELECTED".
Left click on that Delete Selected tab & your selections of attachments will be deleted.

If you wish to delete all of the attachments on that page, use the little box at the top of the attachment list that is all by itself at the top & it will delete the whole page of attachments.

G'Luck! & I hope that helps ya out.
:)

GOPHER SLAYER
11-18-2019, 12:54 PM
I have had this problem in the past and no one could tell me how to fix it. If you follow the instructions mentions they will work IF there is a small check box to the right side of the page. Some do not have this little box. What do you do then? I tried going back to the original post and deleting it there but that didn't work either.

JBinMN
11-18-2019, 01:21 PM
I have had this problem in the past and no one could tell me how to fix it. If you follow the instructions mentions they will work IF there is a small check box to the right side of the page. Some do not have this little box. What do you do then? I tried going back to the original post and deleting it there but that didn't work either.

Strange, but interesting...

Here is something I would try if I was in your situation & Not having the little boxes to check.

I would scroll to the bottom of the page & enable the "Thumbnail" pics of each attachment & see if the boxes appear.

If you already have the "thumbnail" pics showing, then do the opposite & try to click on that tab to make them go away & see if that "toggles" your attachments to have the little boxes.

I have a question for ya. Since you say you do not have the little "select" boxes to delete them, then is there a "Delete Selection" tab in the lower right corner, even without the little boxes for each attachment, and is there a little box at the top to delete ALL attachments or both?

Not that it makes any difference, but I would like to know if that tab & the corresponding little box for ALL, are there or not.

It may be that an Admin/Mod may have to go into your account to repair things if you do not get relief & still want to delete individual attachments.

G'Luck!

GOPHER SLAYER
11-18-2019, 01:46 PM
JB, I just checked my attachments and all of them had the little box to the right. I suppose someone put them there after my last inquiry which was several months ago. I deleted all of them. Thanks for your input & suggestion.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-18-2019, 02:28 PM
JB, I just checked my attachments and all of them had the little box to the right. I suppose someone put them there after my last inquiry which was several months ago. I deleted all of them. Thanks for your input & suggestion.

That may have been a glitch with the old software??? You weren't the only one who previously had that issue.

Minerat
11-18-2019, 08:48 PM
I suppose someone put them there after my last inquiry which was several months ago.
Gopher slayer, we did that on purpose just to frustrate you.:kidding:

I'm glad it helped you too and agree it may have been a glitch.

JB - I just beat you this time by a wee bit. Your explanation is good too. Thanks!

JBinMN
11-18-2019, 10:10 PM

Gopher slayer, we did that on purpose just to frustrate you.:kidding:

I'm glad it helped you too and agree it may have been a glitch.

JB - I just beat you this time by a wee bit. Your explanation is good too. Thanks!

Always glad to help out if/when I can.
:drinks: