PDA

View Full Version : With Awe, or in Awe?

Thundarstick
11-17-2019, 08:37 PM
Do you look back in awe at the trials and troubles you've come through in life by luck or fate, or do you look back in awe at what God's brought you through?

Personally, I'm seeing the awesomeness of God's working in my life more and more as I age. To think, I used to wonder in awe how I survived so many close calls, idiot moves on my part, and just unfortunate situations. How about you?

Slugster
11-17-2019, 09:42 PM
God has always taken care of me, even in spite of my trying to get nominated for a Darwin Award more times that I can count.
Older = smarter for me.

augercreek
11-18-2019, 06:34 AM
I can relate to that! I should've been snuffed out long time ago!

Boaz
11-19-2019, 08:30 AM
All glory goes to him . He has sustained me through my failings , my wandering and this world .

square butte
11-19-2019, 09:12 AM
Sometimes my wife and i just can't believe what God has delivered us from, through, and to . . .

GhostHawk
11-19-2019, 09:26 AM
All glory goes to him. I was not listening and still he held his staff above me, protecting me.
Only took 40 years of being an idiot to see it.

USMC87
11-19-2019, 09:37 AM
I can relate, God has brought me thus far and will continue!

Markopolo
11-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Lets just say God has a 2x4 with my name on it to get my attention at times.... and he swings very hard.

dverna
11-19-2019, 10:24 AM
Lets just say God has a 2x4 with my name on it to get my attention at times.... and he swings very hard.

I have used that analogy as well!!!

I was unfortunate in some ways....reasonably intelligent, decent common sense, good education, never got into drugs or heavy drinking...so did not suffer really hard times. Raised by a great father who did not believe in God.

For many people raised without God in their family lives, addiction, pain and/or suffering lead them to find answers/help and to God. I was blessed with two Christian friends that helped me find my way.

God does not protect everyone every time… too many bad things happen to good people and innocent children for that to be true. Beyond my comprehension to know why that is, but it is. His plan is His plan. To think God will protect us all is delusional...a trait of many ardent believers. I see He has worked in my life after decades of my denying Him. For that I am blessed and grateful. Do not know why I should be special but He has looked out for me...of that I am certain.

GhostHawk
11-19-2019, 10:16 PM
Valentines day 1996, the big guy swung that 2x4 3 times in one day. 6 weeks later I was engaged on May 25th we were married. Still together, still happy, and still listening when the big guy talks.

GhostHawk
11-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Don we are all of us special in his eyes. Sometimes I think he takes more interest in a tough challenge.
I think that fits both of us for different reasons. Hang in there brother, keep growing that faith.

alamogunr
11-20-2019, 12:14 AM
Sometimes it takes getting old to appreciate what God has done for us in our lives. I married my wife in 1966. On that date I turned over a new leaf and attended church with her as promised. I didn't realize at the time that it meant 3 times a week including Wednesday night bible study.

After 8 years of this I was finally baptized(although I had been "baptized as an infant). She gets the credit for keeping me on the straight and narrow. We have been married for 53 years. I have served as an elder of our congregation for almost 25 years. I could not have done that without her. She wielded the 2X4 that God provided.

Pine Baron
11-20-2019, 10:20 AM
The nudge, the shove, and the 2x4. Too many times the 2x4. Praise God.

square butte
11-20-2019, 11:27 AM
We are learning to love His 2x4 - It's that sack of bricks that i still worry about