PDA

View Full Version : Last Meat deer of the season hopefully

Markopolo
11-17-2019, 10:39 AM

Cat and Mouse game through some real thick stuff but she is down. i cant begin to tell you how valuable a good hunting dog is... probably wouldnt have recovered this deer without her. Shot was perfect, a double lung presented and was nailed with complete pass through. heart and liver still useable, deer went around 100 yards through the tangled mess, with the usual 0 blood trail that I could follow, but My missy dog found her. the gun was my 1949 Marlin 336 32 win special shooting 165g cast over case full of homegrown BP... this combo has taken bears and my deer this season. i really like the original Post redicle scope in the dark forest, and the gun just loves that load combo. it is also very handy that the gun is short.. it carrys very well in the thickness of our rain forest.

been truely blessed this season with full freezers.. thanks to the father.

marko

JBinMN
11-17-2019, 11:09 AM
Congrats!
:)

Looks like a nice hunting buddy sitting there with ya!
;)

Texas by God
11-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Well done! Give Missy some back strap, now. Dont be stingy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Shawlerbrook
11-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Very nice ! Looks like some beautiful rainforest country.

WinchesterM1
11-17-2019, 09:16 PM
Congratulations!! I think I finally got my last deer for the year too! I killed 2 of the biggest bodied deer I’ve seen in NE Ky251411

I’m 6’3” 275lbs

Markopolo
11-17-2019, 09:32 PM
at Texan... missy got a bunch of fat and heart trim, as well as praise. backstrap?? I do t even give that to my son!!!! :mrgreen:

At Winchester..wow... what a hog Winchester... we only have sitka Balcktails here... a relative of columbia blacktails, only smaller.. i will be lucky to get 40lbs of finished butchered bagged meat outta mine... and mine was mature.. what you figure to get outta yours?

Tripplebeards
11-17-2019, 09:34 PM
Looks way warmer there than here I’ll trade you!

WinchesterM1
11-17-2019, 10:22 PM
at Texan... missy got a bunch of fat and heart trim, as well as praise. backstrap?? I do t even give that to my son!!!! :mrgreen:

At Winchester..wow... what a hog Winchester... we only have sitka Balcktails here... a relative of columbia blacktails, only smaller.. i will be lucky to get 40lbs of finished butchered bagged meat outta mine... and mine was mature.. what you figure to get outta yours?

I just got done putting her in the freezer, I got 117lbs it wrapped and bagged boneless meat out of her so I’m pretty happy

Markopolo
11-18-2019, 10:45 AM
@ winchester.... WOW.... reminds me of way back when them montana deer...

@ Trip..... no hope for you Trip... better pull up stakes and move on up here... but we have had over 16 inches of rain in the last 7 days.. i have little sympathy for texans weather... lol!!! havent had a mail plane in 3 weeks