PDA

View Full Version : B-C Gap on my 44 Special Bisley

Art in Colorado
11-15-2019, 08:17 PM
Noticed that the Barrel-Cylinder gap looked minimal so got around to measuring it. By my Measure it is .003. Never had a Blackhawk with that minimal B-C GAP. Has abyone else experienced a Lipsey's Ruger with this minimal B-C gap. Maybe it is just me and this is not so sepcial at all.

lefty o
11-15-2019, 08:19 PM
id think just luck of the draw, next guy who got one probably had a .020" gap.

onelight
11-15-2019, 09:58 PM
My 44. Spec Bisley is .005 Rugers seem to vary a lot like lefty o pointed out.

Wheelguns 1961
11-16-2019, 03:10 AM
I have had real good luck with my most recent ruger handgun purchases as far as b/c gap and throat sizes. Now if they could just clock the barrels right, then they would be doing something.

Johnch
11-18-2019, 06:42 AM
I turned my Cylinder gap on Dan Wesson 15 357 mag to about that years back for IHMSA shooting
It sure seamed to help with groups as I had to head shoot the steel rams at 200 yards to knock them over

But I had to clean everything up real clean after the match
As a tight gap can bind up if dirty

Enjoy the pistol as I bet it shoots well

John

rintinglen
11-19-2019, 02:21 PM
People pay money to have BC gaps like that. Keep it clean and enjoy the superior accuracy.

Groo
11-20-2019, 02:31 PM
Groo here
We are so worried about bc gap , chamber size , barrel measurements etc that we forget the most important thing......
HOW DOES IT SHOOT [for us]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All these things can be different and the gun still does the job.
If YOUR needs are not met fix it or replace,
if it works,,,, Don't Mess With Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

onelight
11-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Groo here
We are so worried about bc gap , chamber size , barrel measurements etc that we forget the most important thing......
HOW DOES IT SHOOT [for us]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All these things can be different and the gun still does the job.
If YOUR needs are not met fix it or replace,
if it works,,,, Don't Mess With Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Groo you need to go someplace quite see if you can't get your OCD up the level of a serious boolit shooter .
Your just being way to practical.:)

Petander
11-20-2019, 04:18 PM
Has everyone seen this?

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/gaptests.html

onelight
11-20-2019, 08:03 PM
Has everyone seen this?

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/gaptests.html
I have been to that sight many times but never seen that page.
Thanks for the link.