PDA

View Full Version : Fixed my Marlin 336 Jam

Gofaaast
11-15-2019, 07:12 PM
Once I identified the problem part was the carrier I had to choose which method to use. It’s a late JM 35 Rem. with less than a 100 rounds through it. I traced an outline of the end of the carrier on my bench that needed bent up .08. I placed the carrier lip over the edge of the bench for a repeatable zero before tracing. I was going to use the heat and bend method. I noticed the pipe jaw side of the vise had a lot of options so I rotated the vise 180 and it was my lucky day! The carrier fit the jaws perfectly so I could bend it without applying heat (mild steel). Vice is a 5” harbor freight multipurpose I don’t have bolted to a bench. It’s just used for small jobs like this. I ended up bending it .09 and it feeds flawlessly now after reassembled.

Pics to come when I am on a computer not my phone.

Winger Ed.
11-15-2019, 07:17 PM
I like it when a plan comes together.

And, you explained how to do it with 2-3 less pages than other's articles do on how to fix it.

Texas by God
11-15-2019, 07:54 PM
I did the same thing a few years ago on a 336 Remlin according to advice given to me by an old Marlin employee. Put it in the vice and hit it one lick with a claw hammer. By golly it worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

smkummer
11-23-2019, 06:54 PM
A tap to the lifter of my waffle top 35 Remington with a brass mallet fixed all feed issues with shorter than normal cast bullets.

bikerbeans
11-23-2019, 08:11 PM
Life is good when you can fix a problem by whacking something with a hammer.

BB

Thin Man
11-26-2019, 06:48 AM
Here's hoping you can post pics of this procedure.