PDA

View Full Version : FYI - US Atty Gen. Barr Releases First-Ever Semiannual Report on the Fix NICS Act

JBinMN
11-15-2019, 04:14 AM
Some news that is not political, but could possibly be a good idea to be aware of for us here at Castboolits.Gunloads forum & so I am sharing it here in the Our Town forum instead of the "Pit", so more folks here might see & read it.

I rec'd it thru email updates from the Dept of Justice website. Link to the update & report is below the snippet quote I copy/pasted here:

“An effective NICS system is critical to ensuring that we keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them,” said Attorney General William P. Barr. “I am encouraged by the results of this initial report. Fix NICS implementation is still in its infancy, yet already we’re seeing great strides being made across government – state, tribal, and federal law enforcement - to strengthen the NICS. Given the preliminary data, it is clear that the Fix NICS Act is well on its way to doing exactly what it was intended to do – make the NICS better.”

Source for additional info: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attorney-general-william-p-barr-releases-first-ever-semiannual-report-fix-nics-act

(Admin/Mods - If this topic needs to be moved, etc. please do, but I thought it would likely be appropriate for this Our Town forum as a kind of Public Service Announcement or such for folks to be aware of it.)

dangitgriff
11-15-2019, 06:06 AM
Good information, thanks for posting.

jonp
11-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Combine this with true mental healthcare and we can go a long ways towards curbing violence.