PDA

View Full Version : Casual 44 spec. Range time

onelight
11-07-2019, 06:17 PM
For to days range time I brought a couple of rugers my SS 22 and Bisley 44 special .
Met up with 3 of my shooting buddies to burn a little powder.
I am still looking at loads for the 44 special flat top Bisley today was 6.8 grains of BE-86 (this is .1 grain over what alliant shows with a 240 grain so work up your own to be safe)
The load felt mild in my gun I would guess 800 to 850 FPS what I found interesting was that myself and one of my buddies shoot SA guns a lot we both have several , the other two guys don't and don't normally shoot them well. We fired 50 rounds total off hand ( only at 7 yards ) we had 10 , 5 shot groups from 4 shooters only 1 group did not have 4 shots touching and several 5 shot groups you could cover with a nickel , we shot 6 other handguns , none of them shot as well for all four of us.
I don't see this as any kind of accuracy test but more a test of how easy the Bisley is to shoot.
The Bisley has had some spring changes , a taller front sight and polish and shim kit , sear contact points not touched , trigger is 1lb 9oz with enough sear engagement to be easy to control and the grips have been lightly reshaped .
Fun morning at the range.:-)

Silvercreek Farmer
11-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Hard to beat the specials for fun!

Wheelguns 1961
11-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you have it dialed in. It sure is nice when everything comes together.