PDA

View Full Version : mom could use a prayer ..

4719dave
11-04-2019, 11:13 PM
She's a little while from meeting god from the phone call I just got .She's been going down hill for a little while last week she feel off the earth doesn't know anyone ..im leaving Wednesday sad times ahead ..and I'm not doing to well I know there's great guys and girls here doesn't hurt to ask for a prayer ,she was a great lady
Well with heavy or broken heart �� my passed away today ,

trails4u
11-04-2019, 11:27 PM
Prayers up, Dave... There are many here who can say it better than I can, and hopefully offer you some scripture and words to maybe ease your pain.

augercreek
11-05-2019, 06:17 AM
Ask and you will receive Gods grace and healing. He is always ready to comfort those who morn.

Your brother in Christ Jerry

square butte
11-05-2019, 06:36 AM
Prayer sent up for your Mom & you - May God be with you both as you walk through the coming days

Preacher Jim
11-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Dave added you and mom to our prayer list. Travel safe, and know the Lord is always with you and His grace there for you.

Boaz
11-05-2019, 08:23 AM
Prayer is sent .

Wayne Smith
11-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Prayer for you and your Mom sent - for traveling mercies and for God to take her home gently.

buckwheatpaul
11-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Father, As You know mother's are so special to their children. It is breaking Dave's heart to watch his mother's health slip. Please grant Dave's mother comfort and freedom from pain. Allow her a clear mind so that she can make decisions as to the proper path to take as well as listen to her physicians and nurses. Please grant her quality time with her family members. Father please grant my prayer. AMEN

USMC87
11-05-2019, 08:59 AM
Praying for your mom and your family.

jcren
11-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Prayers sent

koehn,jim
11-05-2019, 09:19 AM
Prayers sent.

Sig556r
11-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Healing prayers & comfort to your mom...

GhostHawk
11-05-2019, 10:08 AM
Question, did she live a long full life? Raise a good child or two? Maybe worked helping people? Maybe stayed home and took care of husband and family.

The body wears out, takes time but it happens.
Call her, tell her how much you love her, how much you appreciate all she has done for her. And tell her it is ok, you can manage fine now, so it is ok for her to let go, to have a rest. Would be best of course if you could take a day and do all this in person.

Let her go, for she is weary of her labor's. Remind her of those who are waiting for her on the other side.
Tell her there is no hurry, she can go and let go at her own pace. And most of all, that you love her, and you will miss her. But you no longer need her here to look after you.

Tis a double standard and it tis not fair. (and I hate all double standards)

Husbands get to retire and if they are smart they adapt and relax and enjoy it.
Wifes continue to have to cook and clean and do the wash and all the other things they do.
They do not get to retire till the Lord takes them home.

Give her love, and peace, and let her go brother. It hurts I know. But it is better than them hooked up to a machine breathing and who knows what else for them. Hard as it is, and I know its hard, let her go. Send her on her way with a smile and a kiss.

GhostHawk
11-05-2019, 10:09 AM
PS prayers are sent.

MrWolf
11-05-2019, 10:32 AM
She is still and always will be a great lady. She's your Mom. Prayers sent for you and your family. Wish mine was still around.

Hickok
11-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Amen to all prayers for this lady.

popper
11-05-2019, 11:33 AM
It's tough when it's time for parents to go, prayers for you.

johniv
11-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Prayers sent.

4719dave
11-05-2019, 12:00 PM
You guys are a big help this really stinks . I feel like I’m loosing my whole world . Don’t want her to suffer . She’s resting now but medicated ��

Der Gebirgsjager
11-05-2019, 12:01 PM
I have prayed for your mom.

Rcmaveric
11-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Prayers sent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

slim1836
11-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Prayers to you and your mother as the two of you go through these difficult times. I only have my 92 year old mother left and she has been the backbone of the family. Let her know how special she is and try to comfort her through these times. Stay strong my friend.

Slim

trys357
11-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Prayers for your Mom.

Pete44mag
11-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Many, many prayers for you and your Mom!

GhostHawk
11-05-2019, 10:29 PM
Medicated is good.

I watched my grandmother struggle, fight and claw to hang on. I think she was scared. She had done things she had never said she was sorry for or I think repented. It is a hard way to go.

Your mother will go when she goes. It is out of your hands. It is in the LORDS hands.
And when she is ready he will call her home. I don't think she is scared, or afraid, or not wanting to go.
I think a lot of people just don't know how to let go.

And at 67 I will admit the subject worries me some.
But I have talked with the Lord about it and he tells me not to worry.

He knows who I am and how I feel, after all he made me.
Why would he not plan an ending that makes sense for me?
I trust him, hopefully you can too.

The machines are not good, not good to keep the body alive for long once the mind is gone. Just makes money for the hospital.

I can admit that a part of me still feels some guilt over a conversation I had with my mother some 6 years back.
We were visiting, dad and my wife left the room for something. I leaned over and told mom straight up. 3 days without drinking mom. No IV's, take no fluids, don't eat, just stop. And the pain will be over inside a week.
2 months after we lost my dad she had a little cold. And after that she refused to eat or drink. And in 5 days she was gone.

As I said, a part of me feels guilt over that. A bigger part of me says "bill you opened the door so your mom could rejoin her love. How can you be said, or ashamed of that?"

And mostly I'm not, I know she is with dad. I was crying one night some 3-4 months after her funeral. Some show where the mom died.
And I'm sobbing, tears rolling down my face. And I feel her hand on my left shoulder. Her voice whispers "Bill you are doing just FINE. Just carry on as you are, all is well" And then I felt dad's heavy hand on my right shoulder, and a very soft "love you son"

And then I see in my mind a picture, mom with her hand on my left, dad on the right, both smiling down with love.
And behind them is the LORD with his hands on their shoulders, looking at them, and me, the same way.

But what do I know, maybe I'm just a crazy ol man who hears and see's crazy stuff.

So be it, I'll own it.

4719dave
11-05-2019, 10:43 PM
Mom past away this morning she’s with god and my best friend raven my lab

buckwheatpaul
11-06-2019, 08:08 AM
Mom past away this morning she’s with god and my best friend raven my lab

Dave, I can't say how sorry I am for your loss of your mom! As you know moms are so important to us and I pray that God grant you please and healing. May God bless you with a flood of good memories and those special moments you shared with her over your life. Dave, God will get you through the grieving ..... but I believe that your mom is still there with you .... you just have to listen to your heart and she will be there for you....Paul

GhostHawk
11-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Dave I feel your pain. But quick and easy is the best possible way to go.

2 weeks ago we heard that the aunt we spent 6 weeks with in New Orleans had passed in her sleep. She lived a long full life and did it with style and grace. No tears here for Skelly. We miss her of course, as do her children, her friends, her neighbors. But no tears, no regrets.

I hope that in a short amount of time you will be able to feel the same about your mom. Mom's are special, period. Sorry you lost yours.

Best regards

Bill in Fargo

sparkyv
11-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Prayers sent for you sent your family.

Murphy
11-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Prayers sent.

Murphy

Buzz Krumhunger
11-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Condolences on the loss of your mom. You’re in my prayers.

obssd1958
11-06-2019, 09:56 AM
Dave, my friend, you are the living testament to your Mom. In every interaction I've had with you, you've been kind, generous, and thoughtful. The kind of man every mother wants her son to be.
I'm sure she is looking down on you proudly and lovingly, from Heaven.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Don

MrWolf
11-06-2019, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry Dave. You will still feel her and hear her if you listen. My Mom has been gone for almost ten years and I still can hear her now and then if I listen or talk to her. Prayers sent.

Preacher Jim
11-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Dave the Lord finished her Mansion and came to take her to be with him. Take time to rejoice. Grieve and heal for the loss of a beloved mother. But know this was not the end of the story, you will see her again for eternity. Let the joyful memories carry you because those memories will carry you forward. Praying for you as you go forward.

Wild Bill 7
11-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Prayers for you and your family. Phyllis and I will have you on our prayer list. We know what it's like to lose parents. God bless you in your grief. We have assurance of seeing them again in heaven.

4719dave
11-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Laid mom to rest today she’s with the big guy now no more pain etc . Hard saying good by . Want to say thanks from bottom of my heart . Great family here

obssd1958
11-12-2019, 01:41 AM
Dave,
It will take a while, but the hurt will become less intense. Keep all of the good memories up front, and smile for the years and the love. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

Don

Boaz
11-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Prayer sent for you and your family . I agree with Paul and Jim , it is a temporary situation . We will all be reunited in time , in the meantime our Lord provides us with good memories to carry us through .