PDA

View Full Version : Neck Sizing

Walks
11-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Does anyone else here use a 310 tong tool to just size bottleneck brass.

I mean in a tong tool itself. Not in an adapter screwed into your bench mounted press?
I use just the neck die with the decapper. Then I put the case into the press and run it over the expander ball.

Now that I write this out it seems I may be at cross purposes here.

I neck size in the T-tool to "float" the case as the neck is being sized. And putting the case into the press where it is held bottom and top may just defeat the whole idea. Probably should use press mounted decapping die, T-tool size, T-tool expand.

Wonder how that will work with J-bullets ?

Pressman
11-04-2019, 08:35 PM
I am confused????

Walks
11-04-2019, 11:20 PM
You think you're confused ?

I wrote it , and even I don't understand it 3 hours later.

trails4u
11-04-2019, 11:22 PM
You think you're confused ?

I wrote it , and even I don't understand it 3 hours later.

I live in this world.... :)

sigep1764
11-04-2019, 11:26 PM
I use the 310 tool to neck size 270 brass. I then use it to expand the necks. I then use it to seat the primers. I then use it... lol. I usually take the tong tool and reload a few hundred 270 Winchester rounds when on vaca at the beach. I get bored easily.

Bent Ramrod
11-05-2019, 11:52 AM
The correct adaptor in your 310 tool handle ought to guide the case base in, and line up the mouth for the other operations with no need to “float.” Some press shell holders feed sloppier than many properly set-up 310s. Used in a vertical press, not so noticeable, but in those angled-back models, they are a tribulation.

And then, there are other 310 attachments that were obviously made on Monday, January 2nd, of some long-ago year...

gwpercle
11-05-2019, 12:47 PM
I am confused????

His location is SoCal ... they don't think like us... I didn't get it either but us Louisiana Cajuns don't know nothing .

Walks
11-05-2019, 10:02 PM
My old steel large handle tong tool is from a .300Sav kit, doesn't require an adapter. .270 & .06, .308 go right into it. Have cast large and small handles that do require adapters.

I was born in California. Back in the 1950's when it was the True Golden State.

Before the Blasted New Yorkers and other furriners moved here and ruined it for the Native Born.

yankees go home !!!!