PDA

View Full Version : Helping someone in need

Pressman
11-04-2019, 06:51 AM
Three years ago my wife passed away from Parkinson's. I still have her chairs and they are taking up space in the garage.
Shipping is difficult, but if someone can use all three, delivery may be possible.

1, U Step Walker. These are specific for Parkinson's patients.

2, Transport chair. This is a wheelchair with small wheels, we carried it in the car all the time.

3, An electric chair. In nice shape, she didn't use it much. It needs batteries. Complete with charger and instructions.

Ken

bbogue1
11-10-2019, 10:26 AM
If you can, Please donate them to your local mission, there are soo many people who could use them there. Not only that, they know the local needs.

xbeeman412
11-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Wish I were clooser to U I have been bed/chair bound for 15 months and could use the elect chair and small wheel wheelchair.

nun2kute
11-10-2019, 01:02 PM
Sorry for your loss, my wife was a MT and I still have her mobile equipment. cant seem to bring myself to drag it out of storage now.
Good on you for helping others in need. That's good Karma !

Pressman
11-10-2019, 04:41 PM
I have been in contact with several churches in my local community with no avail. I suppose that is a good thing in the sense that no one is sick.
Castboolits is sort of like home.

Ken

super6
11-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Hey pressman, Good on you for trying to find a home for that stuff. The forum wood not be the same without you. Its kinda my home too.

tdoor4570
11-10-2019, 05:17 PM
If you have a local vet branch like the VFW or American Legion or VA hospt. bet they could make good use of them.

DocSavage
11-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Check with the local Muscular Dystrophy chapter they may have someone
that could use them. Also check the website for Joni Erickson Tada she is a paraplegic that run a Christiann ministry that might be able to help find someone that can use the items.

country gent
11-10-2019, 05:22 PM
I use a walker in the house but out in the yard a Action trac power chair, shopping and inside I have a geo chair that's set up like the transfer chairs and is lighter and folds up for transport. You might check with the local churches and even with your doctor. Also talk to your post man ( they know your neighbors and have an idea also).

I support and commend you on wanting to pass these along and see them used and also helping someone in need.

Hdskip
11-11-2019, 07:16 AM
Check out Wheels for the World...............https://www.joniandfriends.org/support-us/donate-a-wheelchair/

Pressman
11-11-2019, 08:41 PM
I have found a Castboolits member who can use the chairs, we are working out the details now.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and help.

Ken

1911sw45
11-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Good deal