PDA

View Full Version : DIY old style ammo boxes

Littlewolf
11-03-2019, 01:07 PM
I figured that this was the best segment to post this question in.
If I wanted to DIY myself some old style cardstock (cereal box re-cycling) for an OLD cartridge should I stack out the 50 rnds one up one down. measure length and width at the rims then c.o.a.l. , then make wooden block jigs to bend and glue the cardstock around?

the cartridge in question begins at the 32S&W but may in the future be up scaled into other turn of the 20th century calibers.

CastingFool
11-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Lay out the size of box you need, as if the box had been fully extended. Then, trace the fold lines with a pointed tool, and a straight edge. Trim with scissors, leaving tabs where needed for glueing. Use a glue stick where needed

Littlewolf
11-06-2019, 09:44 PM
there are a couple of oldish boxes of 32S&W one has the cardstock tray that slides into an outer box that is designed much like a modern box, the other is an inner box/tray with an outer box that slips over from the top much like the MTM 20rnd slip-top box, the second box design also older is the design i planned to run with.

Bazoo
11-06-2019, 10:59 PM
You could use those repack boxes as a base for a pattern.

Littlewolf
11-07-2019, 07:48 PM
yeah i use several calibers of those. i've even sent them e-mail inqueries towards the 32S&W with no reply.

merlin101
11-08-2019, 03:12 PM
yeah i use several calibers of those. i've even sent them e-mail inqueries towards the 32S&W with no reply.

Give him a call, you'll find he's a good guy to deal with.