PDA

View Full Version : S&W Frame Lug

Petrol & Powder
11-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Does anyone know if the frame lug on S&W L-frame is the same as the one used on the K-frame ? The frame lug is the small stud that prevents the cylinder from falling off the yoke when the cylinder is open.

Outpost75
11-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Have not measured, but think they should be.

bosterr
11-02-2019, 10:26 AM
The one on my 6"586 fell out while shooting in a local combat match and of course was lost in the grass. I sent the gun in to S&W and it came back with a rough, sharp edged and cold blued replacement. The original would have been nicely rounded polished and blued with the revolver. Now it sticks out like shoes on a snake and is my bad for not sending it back to be fixed correctly. Email S&W or call and see what they say?

Petrol & Powder
11-02-2019, 11:33 AM
I've got one that rotated slightly and binds the cylinder when open. (the cylinder almost overrides it but not quite).
I used a punch to carefully rotate it back into the correct position (it rotated just a few degrees but it's right now) and I'll try to stake it again from inside the frame but I'd like to have a spare on hand if I need to fit a new one.

bosterr
11-02-2019, 01:11 PM
If it's to be a blued replacement be prepared to break the sharp edges and polish and blue it yourself. If it's stainless it would be pretty easy to do all that yourself. I'd be tempted to remove it completely and apply JB Weld or a permanent Lock-Tite before staking it.

Petrol & Powder
11-02-2019, 01:13 PM
It's stainless. The current one is fine, it just turned a little. They are riveted in place.