PDA

View Full Version : Zavasta-Serbia

blackthorn
11-01-2019, 07:47 PM
I have acquired a Zavasta-Serbia rifle in 9.3x62. Anybody know anything about these rifles? This one looks to be in really good condition, with a composite stock and a grey metal finish. Any comments on quality of these rifles? Any knowledge you can pass along will be really appreciated. Thanks.

clintsfolly
11-01-2019, 09:14 PM
I like mine but it’s a left handed one. It’s just about boring to shoot deer with my cast load. Boom,death charge and get out the knife.

Patrick L
11-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Didn't they make the old Interarms MK X Mausers?

jonp
11-03-2019, 06:51 AM
I saw one in that caliber at a gunshow but it was a wooden stock. Looked like a Win Model 70 to me with a Mauser action, maybe? All I remember is that I was looking for a larger caliber rifle, saw that one and it looked quite well made to me. Almost bought it but the guy wouldn't come down on the price.

smithnframe
11-03-2019, 08:21 AM
I have one of their mini mausers in 7.62x39 with a walnut stock that is very accurate!

Elkins45
11-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Didn't they make the old Interarms MK X Mausers?

They did. They also are the same rifles that were sold as Charles Daly and the Remington 798. They are high quality guns.

I just wish they were bringing the left handed ones into the country. Supposedly they just opened a US distributor and will be bringing them in, but I’m not holding my breath.

lefty o
11-03-2019, 04:30 PM
the old mk x was yugoslavian.

Hamish
11-03-2019, 05:11 PM
"I just wish they were bringing the left handed ones into the country."

Thas' jus racis'

[smilie=l:

(I kid, I kid,,,,,I'm LH too,,,,,)

Balta
11-03-2019, 05:29 PM
I have acquired a Zavasta-Serbia rifle in 9.3x62. Anybody know anything about these rifles? This one looks to be in really good condition, with a composite stock and a grey metal finish. Any comments on quality of these rifles? Any knowledge you can pass along will be really appreciated. Thanks.
its "Zastava". Solid made rifles,finish tend to wear faster ,but in that caliber..don t expect some crazy number of shots to be made.. In Europe,that s a low cost rifle.That type of finish its not usual for Zastava wepons...

Elkins45
11-03-2019, 07:04 PM
the old mk x was yugoslavian.

Yugoslavia split into Serbia and Croatia after the war in the 90s. It’s the same factory.

There are a handful of right handed used ones on GB right now with double set triggers. I just won one this morning in 30-06 for $325. I’m hopeful I can swap the trigger with my one LH gun.