PDA

View Full Version : .458 Cz

canuck4570
12-12-2005, 10:50 PM
a friend has a cz 458 wich has a long action and a long magazine accordingly.... and he is able to stick out his saeco 540 gr. bullet quite a lot leaving 3 grease grove outside the case and still being far away from the rifling ..... my question is.... is there a hard lube which is able to take high velocity cast bullet in the range of 2200 fps and at the same time would not pick up dust and debris... thank Canuck

Bass Ackward
12-13-2005, 07:41 AM
a friend has a cz 458 wich has a long action and a long magazine accordingly.... and he is able to stick out his saeco 540 gr. bullet quite a lot leaving 3 grease grove outside the case and still being far away from the rifling ..... my question is.... is there a hard lube which is able to take high velocity cast bullet in the range of 2200 fps and at the same time would not pick up dust and debris... thank Canuck

Mike,

Simply, No. You can take your bullets and dust them with motor mica. I only carry five shots so four go in the gun and the fifth is in my pocket in a clean plastic bag.

If you don't need that lube outside of the case, you can simply wipe it off. But at that velocity level, I think you will need all you can carry in a 45 caliber rifle. So the motor mica will help.