PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 1886 Forend cap.

Kev18
10-31-2019, 09:01 PM
Im looking for a forend cap for my winchester 1886. Im in the process of getting new parts to make it alittle more "my own". Its an original so Im looking for original parts if possible. Its an octagon barrel, and Id like a forend cap with a sling mount. But I am ready to drill and peen a sling mount. I have ordered Original Winchester Sling mounting eyes and original hook style sling mounts.

As I dont want to drill my original tip/cap im looking for a replacement. Anyone on here have one extra for an octagon barrel or know of a company that is willing to SHIP TO CANADA?
Please let me know.

https://i.imgur.com/mmhfp00.jpg

indian joe
11-01-2019, 02:49 AM
Kev (another suggestion)
If you know someone with a lathe - get them to make you an extended magazine tube stopper - about 5/8th inch longer than the original - two ways then 1) turn the end of that down and drill it to take a normal quick release sling fitting OR 2) drill and tap or silver solder a sling stud on the underside of it

John Taylor
11-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Taylor and company has nose caps, about $37 ( just got one for a project). Winchester Bob has the sling eyes

Kev18
11-01-2019, 11:22 PM
just ordered from Taylor's... I should of posted here sooner. Im dumb, should of looked for a cap on their site. And it should fit even if its a repro?