PDA

View Full Version : Reasembly of Firestar .40 prolbems, Anyone else experience this?

koger
10-31-2019, 12:07 PM
I am having a time putting a Star Firestar, .40 back together. The owner bought it to me to have a new extractor put in, which I was luck to find. When I started to put it back together, lined the marks up on the slide and frame, to put the slide release/retaining pin back in, it is a struggle, and when I do get it in, the slide does not want to go forward, and the recoil spring guide wants to stick out some thru the end of the slide. I have detail cleaned, and replaced a few parts on probably 30 of these in the past 35+ years of gunsmithing, and never had a hiccup. I can put the slide on without the barrel/recoil spring and it just falls together. I am thinking the captured recoil spring/guide comb is not staying where it needs to when reassembled, is dropping down. Anyone have any feedback or similar issues with one of these. I know it just has to be something simple, but I am worn out and feeling stupid for not figuring this out, all feedback appreciated.

mattw
10-31-2019, 01:50 PM
Never had that problem with mine... then it was stolen and I really miss it.

Texas by God
10-31-2019, 03:12 PM
I wish I had one to look at to help you. The Star pistols are sorely missed, indeed. I would love to have another PD .45!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ulav8r
10-31-2019, 09:25 PM
Never had that issue with mine.

Clark
11-10-2019, 01:19 AM
I got a Firestar 40 in starvel finish in ~1994 at a gun show. I took it home, shot it, and it jammed. I took it back and threw it at the guy I bought it from.

I did not have enough money to throw guns away in 1994, but I guess I just lost it.