PDA

View Full Version : PO is is a mess

too many things
10-30-2019, 06:22 PM
had a deal with member went to get a MO they say address is wrong. so contact him. address is correct so try again , same thing. so will sent letter
returned. had to cancel as I cant there from here.
never same person now . they import from all over the area.
used to be same person for years, not now
rick

rancher1913
10-30-2019, 07:55 PM
your post is very confusing to understand but I think your upset that your local post office uses different people instead of a single person for the front office. their pay nowadays really sucks so they have lots of turn over and with the hiring quotas they have to hire from the "other" category so that makes it even harder for them to get competent help. still no excuse for bad service. the state says my address is undeliverable but the post office says its the correct address so I have a problem with getting stuff from some of the dimmer agency's.

JBinMN
10-30-2019, 09:54 PM
If ya can & have not done it yet, Get yourself over to Huntington WV & see if they have a bigger Post Office with more helpful folks. That would be what I would do in your situation. It does not look to be too far from where your location says by your membername ( maybe 15 or 20 miles by road?)

You are not the only one to have issue with some of the folks at the Post Office now a days...

G'Luck!

poppy42
10-30-2019, 10:19 PM
Don’t even get me started on the Post Office. I’ve complained to at least 8 different supervisors, including 2 post masters who came to my home from the Richmond Post office. Not getting my mail and getting other people’s mail. Monday I brought someone’s Medicaid/Medicare mail that was delivered to me into the post office . The name and address wasn’t even close to my address or name . Today I got a phone call from the power company telling me that my service was going to be interrupted because my bill was unpaid . I never received a bill, again ! I managed to catch the delivery person and told him then he was delivering mail to the wrong address. He told me he didn’t understand because his English wasn’t so good when I did manage to get them to understand he said it wasn’t his problem ! And it’s not just me I talk to my neighbors and they’re having the same problems. Trust me I’ve only posted about the tip of the iceberg this is been going on for over two years and I have about four pages worth of incidents written down . It seems all mine and my neighbors complaints just fall on deaf ears ! I have zero confidence in the United States post office in this area . I track all packages coming and going from my location ! As far as I’m concerned the post office is financial problems or their employee turn around is no excuse. I was taught from an early age if you except the job and you’re getting paid for it you do it to the best of your ability . If you don’t like your job leave and go get a different one ! I’m not trying to hijack someone else’s thread but if anybody’s got any suggestions I’d love to hear them

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-30-2019, 11:06 PM
went to get a MO they say address is wrong. so contact him. address is correct so try again , same thing. so will sent letter
returned
I do quite a few deals.
I always google the addresses I am given to confirm it's correct.
With today's 'auto-correct' on our devices, when someone sends a PM, 'auto-correct' may change a good address to a incorrect address.
Add to that, one time I sent something to another member, I double checked the address, so I knew it was correct. The lady at the PO said it was incorrect. I told her how I double check addresses with google. She tried again, and then told me, well it worked this time...translation: she typed it in wrong.
That's my 2¢

WRideout
10-31-2019, 08:33 AM
I have packages returned to the sender with my correct address on the package. It turns out that if you put the word "west" in my address the post office can't find it. If you just put a "W" it goes through just fine. I suspect it is something with the automated router at the center.
Wayne

gwpercle
10-31-2019, 08:44 AM
had a deal with member went to get a MO they say address is wrong. so contact him. address is correct so try again , same thing. so will sent letter
returned. had to cancel as I cant there from here.
never same person now . they import from all over the area.
used to be same person for years, not now
rick

Might be example of drinking and posting . Maybe OP will clarify when he wakes up this morning.
I was totally confused by this one... "I can't get there from here" ???
Dealing with the post office will drive a person to drink !
Gary

MrWolf
10-31-2019, 10:08 AM
Guess I am lucky. Very small post office and the folks are great. My problem is if it doesn't fit in my mailbox (3/4 mile from house) then I have to drive into town about three or four miles down the road. My postmaster has even tried fixing me up twice, she is great.

lightman
11-02-2019, 08:42 AM
I have always been pleased with the service that we got from the USPS. But, not any more. My Mom mailed Halloween cards to all of the Grandkids and none have arrived yet. Its been 10 days. My Wife mailed Halloween cards to the same Grandkids plus an Anniversary card and none have arrived yet. Its also been 10 days. A lady at church mailed 5 cards to various family members and 1 of them arrived. Its been a week to 10 days. Whats up with this???