PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Wrangler--anyone have one?

Walter Laich
10-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Looks like something I could use in SASS (we have a .22 category)

rking22
10-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Couple threads in the rimfire sub forum.
Here’s one
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?380506-New-Ruger-Revolvers-Introduced

Texas by God
10-25-2019, 07:30 PM
I like mine enough that I had to resist buying another one today at my LGS. It’s a bit more money than a Heritage but it’s twice the gun in my experience.

megasupermagnum
10-25-2019, 08:04 PM
No. Thankfully our Minnesota government has saved us from those low melting point guns. It gets so hot here, they might just become unsafe and melt in our hands.

Well, I better go buy another plastic Glock.:veryconfu

Jniedbalski
10-25-2019, 08:25 PM
How then can you buy a glock and not a heritage or a ruger wrangler? I know about the melt laws up there but how can plastic frame pistols be legal. Just wondering. Been trying to get a ruger wrangler but my local fun shop sells out hours after sending me a text there in stock.

oldhenry
10-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Try one: you'll like it. I have a silver one & am looking for a black one...……….but would not turn down the bronze flavored one.

megasupermagnum
10-25-2019, 09:09 PM
How then can you buy a glock and not a heritage or a ruger wrangler? I know about the melt laws up there but how can plastic frame pistols be legal. Just wondering. Been trying to get a ruger wrangler but my local fun shop sells out hours after sending me a text there in stock.

It takes 7-8 years of law school to understand.

Glock uses steel inside their polymer, and presumably this steel melts above the 1000 degree minimum. The pistol is just a pile of mush at 500-600 degrees, but hey, the steel reinforment will be A-OK. On top of that, only certain parts are the baseline. For example, the Ruger LCR is sold in MN. It is a steel (probably stainless) upper frame, with an attatched 100% polymer trigger and grip assembly. Somehow this passes. Hi point, also being polymer like Glock, fails because their slide melts somewhere around 900 (I forget the exact alloy). I forget the model, but I believe there was a 22 pistol that was all steel, but used a low melting point hammer or striker that is no longer MN approved.

Texas by God
10-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Cuz and I agree that they are great deer camp equipment. Ruger done good.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191026/86cac241119deeb25896f86d1e4af52c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

contender1
10-26-2019, 09:41 PM
I've only got 4 of them.
I got 3,, one in each color,, and put them up. Then I got a black one for shooting. I personally think Ruger has hit another home run. They went back to the basics when Bill first started. They used modern technology,, figured out ways to build something AND lower the production expenses to where they can sell them as a very good price for about anybody. Kinda like what Bill did with the Std Auto. Buy with confidence.

PapaG
10-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Shot #1 of 2 that I bought today. Poor man's trigger job, only had time for twelve shots. 15 yards, one flier, rest right around POA inside 2 1/2". I'm pleased with it. Next, trigger job on #2, shoot it and give the better one to my better half. I like it. I have an original Scout, a New Frontier Scout convertible and a Super Single Six. The latter is still the best of the bunch.