PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's club dollars

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Help me spend them today.

While I decided to quit using my Cabela's visa card after the Bass Pro takeover, I got a letter last spring saying if I use the card 10 times in a month, they'd give me 20 Cabela's dollars...for each of the summer months (June, July, August). So I cleaned off the dust from that CC, and used it those 3 months. Now I'm sitting on a total of 72 Cabela's dollars and now CC has been re-holstered for storage. Today, I get a email with a 10% off code for all online purchases today only.

I no longer visit Cabela's stores, and worry if I don't burn up the Cabela's dollars, sooner than later, that Bass Pro(Capital One), will figure a way to take them away (that has happened to me with other CC points, and banks changing expiration dates).

I don't need any powder or primers...besides, most of what I'd use, they don't have in stock at the store close to me. I checked their bargain cave, nothing interesting. Honestly there isn't anything I need, so that doesn't help. They do have my favorite caliber (41Mag) of Starline Brass in stock, but it's priced far higher than from the factory...but I have the free money, so there's that...and it never hurts to have more brass laying around, right?

Anyone else have any ideas?

rockrat
10-22-2019, 11:33 AM
How about bullets for your 41mag?

Reg
10-22-2019, 11:34 AM
I too do not trust Capitol One. I am one of those who pays the card off every month so they sure dont make much money off me. I use it, just pay it off.
Every time I get a few points-dollars saved up I tend to spend them knowing that it is just a matter of time before they will want to either dump me altogether or start charging somehow for the use of that card
I would say if the only thing that catches your eye is the brass then buy it. Its your points, use it.

Handloader109
10-22-2019, 01:08 PM
clothes..... decent shirts a while back. (I get their mailer and one is in Sunday paper every now and then) I haven't been in store in over 6 months. (probably 9)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-22-2019, 03:04 PM
How about bullets for your 41mag?
nah. I got some vintage ones in the drawer...they'll never get used.

I placed the order, 3 bags of brass and a roll of fresh monofilament.

missionary5155
10-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Good afternoon
When we have saved up enough we generally look at the Bargain Den
Mike in LLama Land

MaryB
10-22-2019, 06:52 PM
I used my club points to buy a Mossy Oak camo bedspread for my bed. Goes good with the deer skin and coyote throw I use in deep winter(my bedroom can get cold).

Beagle333
10-22-2019, 06:55 PM
I got about $160 in points. I'm going to buy an 1860 when it gets a little higher. I wouldn't mind another NIB one that cost me less than $100 in outlay.

Pressman
10-22-2019, 09:47 PM
Jon, you could have sent those points down here, I need a new gun case. And Cabela's is real close by.

Wayne Smith
10-23-2019, 07:54 AM
I currently have custody of my pastor's 25-06 and have been fireforming brass for it. I was looking at the Bass Pro paper add and saw that Savage is chambering the 25-06 again. Last year no ammo was available for it. I checked Cabela's and they had four brands of 25-06 available! I got him two boxes free.

Mal Paso
10-23-2019, 08:56 AM
clothes..... decent shirts a while back. (I get their mailer and one is in Sunday paper every now and then) I haven't been in store in over 6 months. (probably 9)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

All the good shirts are GONE! I was going to buy ammo boxes with points but they were twice the price. Cabelas is a waste of time and I don't bother any more.

jonp
10-27-2019, 07:14 PM
My wife uses hers and now has a few hundred bucks. Just stopped and got some Hornady FTX bullets for free. It's about all we buy with the bucks.

Adam20
10-27-2019, 07:54 PM
I use them in store on scopes. they will price match competitors, I have Printed there price match policy and taken it to the store with me.

trapper9260
10-29-2019, 04:11 PM
I drop them and close the card from them. They are too high price .