View Full Version : Were we down for a few days??

Patrick L
10-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Were we offline or something? Today is the first time I was able to get on in about 3-4 days. I would get about 8 lines of gibberish (computer code?)

It's funny, this was discussed on the S&W Forum, in the Reloading area.
Someone posted they were having problems getting on, and there were about 25
various replies saying things like "Yeah, me too" or "It took a day or two,
but now I'm on." etc. What made it funny was that one of the moderators got
annoyed that there was discussion about another bulletin board (other than
S&W) and shut the thread down! There was absolutely nothing offensive or
inflammatory, and since it was the reloading forum it was appropriate. But
the S&W moderator shut it down!

Der Gebirgsjager
10-20-2019, 05:16 PM
Yeah-- seems that most folks had the same problem as you did. I got the same computer gibberish on my screen about homepage errors, and just finally was able to connect this morning. There have already been several other threads posted about this problem, but it seems as though the site is undergoing some upgrades. I even went so far as to e-mail another forum member asking him if he had the same problem, but he never replied, which really had me wondering.

FLINTNFIRE
10-20-2019, 05:32 PM
Yeah me to glad it is back up and running , saw a ad in swapping and selling when I cleared cache and visited as a guest and was unable to contact , am glad this site is back and hope everyone can log in again.

asecertified
10-20-2019, 06:44 PM
I tried for 3 days. Got the same computer gibberish. Luckily we are up and running again. As far as the S&W sight. The moderators seem to take it personally if you even mention another web site.

tazman
10-20-2019, 06:52 PM
I was always able to get on the site and post but things were very slow.

jdfoxinc
10-20-2019, 07:17 PM
I was going into withdrawal.

jimb16
10-20-2019, 07:57 PM
I couldn't get on either....

44Blam
10-20-2019, 09:45 PM
I went into withdraw... And after a while I gave up and primed around 500 40 S&W cases.

Jevyod
10-20-2019, 09:48 PM
I couldn't get on either. Was a discussion on 24 he campfire about it as well. Glad it is back!

vtech26
10-21-2019, 05:16 PM
Yeah, at first I thought it was me. Wasnt able to see any posts using Tapatalk. Like a ******* uninstalled Tapatalk and when I reinstalled it I no longer had Pro version. Paid $14 for it at the beginning of the year. Was getting Giberish trying with my Browser. When I was able to view my profile noticed that my post count went from 30+ to 7.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kevin c
10-22-2019, 08:03 PM
I had problems logging on, though I could visit as a guest if I cleared cache, shut down and rebooted. Another member here, though, had zero problems logging on, standing right next to me with his phone. All OK now.

Some techie guys I know, when I described the issue and showed them the error messages I got, speculated that the upgrade installation did something to the partition my account was stored on, but not my buddy's, but that vbulletin usually was not configured that way, and that the system architecture should make the interface consistent and seamless for all users. Then the tech talk got really thick, and I lost them completely!

Well, back to normal now, which is as much as I need to understand for the moment.

Walks
10-22-2019, 08:06 PM
I never logout, so I had no problems.

But very slow last several days.

AlaskaMike
10-23-2019, 11:37 AM
Looks like I wasn't the only one who missed the yellow banner message at the top of the screen. :D

They're upgrading the site, so there may be some hiccups along the way.

Victor N TN
10-23-2019, 12:56 PM
To be honest... My wife has been sick. I didn't notice.

tomme boy
10-23-2019, 04:51 PM
I never noticed anything. Was not slow or never got any messages. It does not look like anything changed at all.