PDA

View Full Version : Hawken Trigger Conversion

Contenderman
10-20-2019, 07:48 AM
My T/C Hawken came equipped with the double set trigger which I hate. Any way to convert it to a single trigger. Can I just do away with the set trigger

smithnframe
10-20-2019, 08:00 AM
Don't use the set trigger!

thegatman
10-20-2019, 09:28 AM
You can fit a single trigger lock in that gun. Look on sleezebay or call Dixie Gun Works.

waksupi
10-20-2019, 12:04 PM
If you have a custom muzzleloader builder in your area, they could do it. I did one for a friend a few weeks ago, took me under an hour.

pietro
10-20-2019, 12:57 PM

IMO, as smithnframe referred to, there's no real reason to hate the T/C DT's, since the rifle's easily shot via not setting the trigger.

winelover
10-21-2019, 06:07 AM
Set triggers aren't ideal when wearing heavy gloves, in cold climes. When I lived in Michigan, our muzzle loading season started after modern gun season. Somewhere around December 10th. Usually, snow on the ground, then. I converted my Renegade from double to single.............remains that way today. In fact, I'm taking it out this AM. Arkansas muzzle loading started this past Saturday.

There use to be and outfit that manufactured single set trigger for TC's. Something like SIS, IIRC. Believe, they were based out of Michigan...............west side of the state.

Winelover